HOW TO SET UP A MOTORIZED KU-BAND OFFSET DISH

Status
Please reply by conversation.

AcWxRadar

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 26, 2006
40 miles NW of Omaha. Omaha?
I composed this tutorial manual as a "How-To" for all FTA junkies to use to set up their small diameter Ku motorized dish antennas a few years ago.

It is lengthy, but give it a read and see if it helps you with your endeavor. I think I put in some good information here.

It is directed towards a Coolsat 5K/6K FTA receiver owner, but you can obviously adjust the specifics in menu setups to your own make and model.

I know more now then I did when I wrote this, but I think it all still applies, I am hoping that you will find it informative and helpful.

RADAR

Attachments

• Installation of a Motorized Dish 10-10-2009.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 441
Here are the motorized install instructions that we provided several years ago for Fortec Star Lifetime Ultra, Fortec Star Mercury II and Visionsat IV-200 receivers using the GEOSATpro GS120 motor.

Hope that these might help someone with their install!

Attachments

• Installation GuideMotorizedSatellite Dish20071107.pdf
    671.3 KB · Views: 374
  • Installation Guide_Motorized Satellite Dish_FortecUltra.pdf
    2 MB · Views: 1,909
Last edited:
Here are the motorized install instructions that we provided several years ago for Fortec Star Lifetime Ultra, Fortec Star Mercury II and Visionsat IV-200 receivers using the GEOSATpro GS120 motor.

Hope that these might help someone with their install!

Brian,

Looks great and I just skimmed it!

Great information here between all of the content so far, would someone else like to post an instructional guide related to this? This might become a superb post for reference.

RADAR

Last edited:
I composed this tutorial manual as a "How-To" for all FTA junkies to use to set up their small diameter Ku motorized dish antennas a few years ago.

It is lengthy, but give it a read and see if it helps you with your endeavor. I think I put in some good information here.

It is directed towards a Coolsat 5K/6K FTA receiver owner, but you can obviously adjust the specifics in menu setups to your own make and model.

I know more now then I did when I wrote this, but I think it all still applies, I am hoping that you will find it informative and helpful.

RADAR
Radar I converted your Word Doc to a PDF - it is attached for those who prefer PDF's:)
Bob

Attachments

• Installation of a Motorized Dish.pdf
    908.6 KB · Views: 342
I support the Sticky proposal. While this subject is covered in detail in some well known and recognized guides posted on sponsors' websites, there should be a place for cumulative experience of FTA fans, and it should be easily accessible due to utmost importance of this primary topic. This thread however should contain only Manuals and complemenraty comments, but no basic and constantly repeated setup questions from novice users.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)