How to turn off "Demo Mode" off?

xbox199

Original poster
Feb 16, 2005
I turned on the demo mode on my Voom Box because, I was playing around with the advanced settings. Now, I am unable to access system settings, becuase the box is asking for a PIN for which I, don't have. (I have seen on other forms that, if you don't have a PIN before you turn on the "Demo Mode" option the box picks an unknown PIN)

Can Anyone help me???

xbox199 said:
(I have seen on other forms that, if you don't have a PIN before you turn on the "Demo Mode" option the box picks an unknown PIN)
But you ignored that warning! Right? :D

If "0000" and "1234" do not work, call 1-800-GET-VOOM and ask them to reset the PIN. That's the only solution I know of...

Welcome aboard!

Voom tryed to reset the PIN, but it did not work. Voom said, that they needed to replace the box.

How do you get into demo mode? I forget.

Nevermind, I found it.

xbox199 said:
Voom tryed to reset the PIN, but it did not work. Voom said, that they needed to replace the box.

I had this happen to me also. I setup a pin then the STB didn't accept it. Voom hit it with the reset code and all 0000's would work until I got out of the menu then all 0000's wouldn't work. They did have to replace the box and all is good now. I'm to :what scared to set another. Don't want to go thru that again.

i did the same thing back when i first signed up... call them and have them send a hit to the box, for about 30 seconds after they hit the box you can get back into the system menu with out a password, then go turn demo mode off just like you turned it on...

It might take a few tries, just tell them that your kid was playing around with it and set up the parrental controls

I am playing with a new never activated box I bought to see if it can be used for OTA but I do not believe it can. I thought that maybe if you could get into demo mode then the box would pull up a guide so you could select channels. You can not even get to the demo mode on a box that has not been activated. Oh well, anyone want to buy a paperweight?

Indy said:
You can not even get to the demo mode on a box that has not been activated. Oh well, anyone want to buy a paperweight?
Well, at least you have a spare remote control. ;)

xbox199 said:
xbox199, send me a private message with your unit ID (it's on the back of your box in 000-00000-00000-000 format) and I will help you reset your password. Please cancel your service call after that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts