How to turn off "Demo Mode" off?

xbox199

Original poster
Feb 16, 2005
I turned on the demo mode on my Voom Box because, I was playing around with the advanced settings. Now, I am unable to access system settings, becuase the box is asking for a PIN for which I, don't have. (I have seen on other forms that, if you don't have a PIN before you turn on the "Demo Mode" option the box picks an unknown PIN)

Can Anyone help me???

xbox199 said:
(I have seen on other forms that, if you don't have a PIN before you turn on the "Demo Mode" option the box picks an unknown PIN)
But you ignored that warning! Right? :D

If "0000" and "1234" do not work, call 1-800-GET-VOOM and ask them to reset the PIN. That's the only solution I know of...

Welcome aboard!

Voom tryed to reset the PIN, but it did not work. Voom said, that they needed to replace the box.

xbox199 said:
Voom tryed to reset the PIN, but it did not work. Voom said, that they needed to replace the box.

I had this happen to me also. I setup a pin then the STB didn't accept it. Voom hit it with the reset code and all 0000's would work until I got out of the menu then all 0000's wouldn't work. They did have to replace the box and all is good now. I'm to :what scared to set another. Don't want to go thru that again.

i did the same thing back when i first signed up... call them and have them send a hit to the box, for about 30 seconds after they hit the box you can get back into the system menu with out a password, then go turn demo mode off just like you turned it on...

It might take a few tries, just tell them that your kid was playing around with it and set up the parrental controls

I am playing with a new never activated box I bought to see if it can be used for OTA but I do not believe it can. I thought that maybe if you could get into demo mode then the box would pull up a guide so you could select channels. You can not even get to the demo mode on a box that has not been activated. Oh well, anyone want to buy a paperweight?

Indy said:
You can not even get to the demo mode on a box that has not been activated. Oh well, anyone want to buy a paperweight?
Well, at least you have a spare remote control. ;)

xbox199 said:
xbox199, send me a private message with your unit ID (it's on the back of your box in 000-00000-00000-000 format) and I will help you reset your password. Please cancel your service call after that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts