HR-20 Enhancments

Status
Please reply by conversation.

devans175

Original poster
Nov 6, 2006
Perry Hall, MD
I was wondering if anyone knows if anyone knows if D* is working on any enhancements for the HR-20, besides the various glitches and performance issues I've read about on the forum over the last few months.

I am particulary wondering if:

1. They plan to fix the 30 second skip to be less "comercial friendly."
2. They plan to create some way to "toggle" between tuners.
3. They plan to allow the receiver to be networked (I'd like to be able to buy pay per view through the receiver via Broadband Internet rather than with a phone connection. I use VOIP and it doesn't seem to work with the receiver's modem) It would also be nice to be able to copy programs from the receiver to my pc.

Other than these issues, I think the HR-20 receiver is really nice. I've had it for 2 weeks with no lock-ups or messed up recordings. I have my local HD channels as well as a few others. All is well... knock on wood. Does anyone know if these items are on their "to do" list or should I just be happy with what I have?

Sorry to say but if you're looking for information on the HR20 I'd recommend to check out the HR20 forum over at www.dbstalk.com. Earl over there has a bit of a pipeline into D* and at times has hinted as to what D* might do with the box and has said that D* staff reviews the posts to see what the users are saying about the box.

For your #1; The current SLIP implementation is it. They are not going to introduce a "jump" skip, like the DTivos. Right now the 30s takes about 2 s to go it's 30s lenght.

#2; Possible but it is not yet officially being worked
#3; Yes Networking is in the plans...; but don't count on the ability to save programs to your PC

But your receiver should work fine with your VoIP.. I have Vonage, and it works like a gem.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts