HR-21 and Dolby Digital problems

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

jcroley

Original poster
Oct 3, 2008
Need some help here. I have a HR-21 DVR connected (audio) via a optical cable to my Denon 2800 receiver. The sound is perfect except when I skip forward or backward, and I loose all sound. My receiver "appears" to have lost the Dolby Digital signal and I get nothing. I reset my Denon receiver and all is well until I skip forward or backward again. Does anyone have an idea what's going on? Bad cable? Bad optical port on my Denon? Bad HR-21? Thanks!

Jim

I suspect that your Denon receiver momentarily loses the DD signal when you FF or RW and reverts to PCM mode. Then it should pick up DD when you return to normal play mode. But, it isn't doing it. Check some options in the Denon to see if you can force it to stay in DD and not auto detect the audio.

You may also want to visit thsi forum.
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/forumdisplay.php?f=90

Thanks JD

Thanks JD. I recheck the options on the receiver. I'll check that auto detect - got to be something there.

I think we are on to something, but I can't find anywhere on the Denon receiver that disables the Dolby Digital "auto" function. Any ideas where to look? Thanks, all!

just thought I would mention that this problem with some Denon receivers has been reported many times. At least some of the problems were solved by doing a "microprocessor reset" on the Denon, different Denons have different ways of doing this so you will probably have to ask denon about it.

This problem is NOT in the Denon receiver, nor will it be fixed by the CPU reset hinted at elsewhere. It is a KNOWN problem with DirecTv broadcasting and they will NOT address it. I was getting a discount on my bill, but as I indicated on another post dealing with this same issue, that has been stopped. You can swap DVR/Receivers or inputs to your AVR, and it will not change a thing.

You are talking about a completely different problem that has NOTHING to do with the original post, which is Feb 2009.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts