HR-22 *DEAD*

Status
Please reply by conversation.

sobonefnet

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 29, 2005
PA
I hope this doesn't become a habit with D* equipment.

So I come home this afternoon. I had my DVR scheduled to record a program from 3:00 - 6:00 PM (with no over-run). I got home around 7:15PM well after this recording was scheduled to be done. I found it weird that the record light was still on, so I turned the receiver on without any problem. The masters was on, picture look fine, audio was there. I hit the list button to find out what was goingon with the screwed up recording. That was it, screen froze. I waited 5 mins. to see if it would snap out of it. Nothing. So hit reset, nothing. Unplugged, waited 2 mins and plugged back in. Nothing. The only thing that would light was the ethernet light on the rear of the unit. This POS is dead. They are sending a replacement via FedEx. Is this stuff common with D* equipment????

I hope this doesn't become a habit with D* equipment.

So I come home this afternoon. I had my DVR scheduled to record a program from 3:00 - 6:00 PM (with no over-run). I got home around 7:15PM well after this recording was scheduled to be done. I found it weird that the record light was still on, so I turned the receiver on without any problem. The masters was on, picture look fine, audio was there. I hit the list button to find out what was goingon with the screwed up recording. That was it, screen froze. I waited 5 mins. to see if it would snap out of it. Nothing. So hit reset, nothing. Unplugged, waited 2 mins and plugged back in. Nothing. The only thing that would light was the ethernet light on the rear of the unit. This POS is dead. They are sending a replacement via FedEx. Is this stuff common with D* equipment????

Not normally, I've been using my current HR20 for over two years now.
That said, it does happen from time to time.
I would leave it unplugged over night and plug it in in the morning and see if it resets, regardless of whether or not you have another one coming.

I got my replacement receiver today.

Odd thing. They replaced my HR22-100 with a HR22-100. Which was no surprise to me. My dead receiver had a manufacture dat eof 10/2008 on it. The replacement is 02/2009. Man the new one is UGLY. It has a real dull matte finish to it. I guess as they get newer, they get uglier.

You didnt say how old your "dead" receiver was. Hopefully still under waranty or else that replacement WILL extent your contract. I know from experience.

I got my replacement receiver today.

Odd thing. They replaced my HR22-100 with a HR22-100. Which was no surprise to me. My dead receiver had a manufacture dat eof 10/2008 on it. The replacement is 02/2009. Man the new one is UGLY. It has a real dull matte finish to it. I guess as they get newer, they get uglier.

They replaced your HR22-100 with a HR22-100 ?
Why is that a surprise to you ?
They generally try to replace with like items when available.

Jimbo

They replaced your HR22-100 with a HR22-100 ?
Why is that a surprise to you ?
They generally try to replace with like items when available.

Jimbo

and why would it now have a matte finish? are you sure it's the exact same model and the last three numbers after the dash are the same sobo?:)

I wasn't surprised that they replace the 22-100 with a like model. It was the cosmetic difference.
The defective receiver was a 22-100/Made is China/Manufacture date 8/08
Replacement unit 22-100/Made in Malaysia/Manufacture date 2/09

I have a house in Aruba and I am wondering if I can get the USA feed for Direct TV. Does anyone have an idea of what kind of equipment I would need to get this signal or if it is possible.

Thanks for any help
Ross

There were a few reports of these newer matte HR22s on dbstalk. They also have an EnergyStar logo on them that the shiny ones don't.

Status
Please reply by conversation.