HR10-250 Picture Quality

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bdargie

Original poster
Sep 1, 2005
I recently got in on the shopper deal from DTV and got the HD-Tivo. I swapped out a Sony HD200 receiver for the HD-Tivo box and am extremely disappointed with the picture quality. I've tried all outputs and the picture quality is noticeably darker and softer than the HD200. Is this a known issue or a defect with my receiver?

HD has lost it's luster!

You need to recalibrate. Mine looks just as good as my LG LSS 3200a did. If it is darker, you need to adjust your display. Every receiver puts out a slightly different signal and calibration varies.

I recalibrated with the Avia disk without success. The HD-Tivo picture quality is vastly inferior to that of the HD200. I just did a search and noticed many other complaints when moving from the HD100/HD200 to HD-Tivo but do not see a resolution.

Each input must be calibrated separately on most TVs. Calibrating the DVD input won't have any effect on the input you use for the HDTivo. Try using the HDnet calibration screens. You can record them with the Tivo on Tuesday morning 8:00 -8:10 Eastern time.

billbillw said:
Try using the HDnet calibration screens. You can record them with the Tivo on Tuesday morning 8:00 -8:10 Eastern time.

didn't know these existed...what exacltly do you do?

Wasn't aware of this either. Thanks for this suggestion. I'll give it a shot.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts