HR21, HDMI splitter = 2 rooms?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

newbeestl

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 11, 2007
St. Louis, MO
Quick question. Is anyone using an HDMI splitter and watching Direct in 2 rooms via that way? I will never be watching both at the same time, I assume that wouldn't work anyway. I have tested my remote and the HR21 picks the signals up just fine from the other room, only 1 wall between them. The 2nd tv would be connected via a 25' HDMI cable run. Is there any problems watching recorded shows this way as well?

My mistake, it's actually an HR20. Another thing I just thought of, after doing a search on here, maybe I should just hook the close TV up with component and run HDMI to the distant TV. That would save me the cost of the splitter. Does anyone know if the HR20 outputs on the component and HDMI at the same time?

It does. In my bedroom, I have HDMI going to my TV and component cables to my VCR (which then goes to my monitor) so I can watch the picture in picture on my monitor while working (playing) on the computer.

My mistake, it's actually an HR20. Another thing I just thought of, after doing a search on here, maybe I should just hook the close TV up with component and run HDMI to the distant TV. That would save me the cost of the splitter. Does anyone know if the HR20 outputs on the component and HDMI at the same time?

It would be less expensive and more reliable to run HDMI to the closer tv, and component to the distant. You will have to run more wire, but HDMI is sometimes flakey when you attempt to run longer distances. You will need 5 coax cables, one for Y, Pr, Pb, Left & Right Audio.

Alan

. Does anyone know if the HR20 outputs on the component and HDMI at the same time?
Yes, as pointed out, all outputs are active at the same time.

I also agree with the poster who said use HDMI for the closest tv, if possible. If not, try it and see how it works. They sell them that long and longer, and I know a few that use runs that long. Most dont have problems, but you would be more likely to have them with HDMI than Component IMHO

I have component HD to main level TV and a 50" hdmi to the bedroom. Works great. Even bought an extra remote.

Just wanted to post back with an update. This set up works perfectly. Both HDMI and Component are output at the same time on my HR20. 35 foot HDMI run works great too. Thanks everyone!

I have some really long HDMI runs in my updated media room and none have ever given me problems. I thus disagree with the flakiness that others have seen in long HDMI cables. I would think signal degradation (attentuation, etc) would be a problem with long component cable runs.

I have some really long HDMI runs in my updated media room and none have ever given me problems. I thus disagree with the flakiness that others have seen in long HDMI cables. I would think signal degradation (attentuation, etc) would be a problem with long component cable runs.

You've got to be kidding.....right?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)