HR2x / R22 Receiver Freeze / Reboot Issues (Again)

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Mine was playing perfectly fine with no freezes of any kind since last time. I was in the middle of watching the national news and it just rebooted all by itself. I have HR20-700 in the LR and it is downloading 0290 as we speak. I guess the staggered rollout assumption may have merit.

The key here is "overnight". If my box was working and not freezing up, why the hell would it force reboot going into prime time? Why not wait until 2am-5am? It looks like it will be done by 8pm, so no primetime stuff should be missed, but this is cutting it close. Thankfully I am not a "Wheel Watcher" :)

And I have been current on all my CE's, so my version was at least as current as what is downloading now, if not more advanced than this possible national release.

I agree that this kind of repeat issue now requires an explanation other than "we are aware of something are are working on it". What is the "something"?

atp,
Seeing you already had the 290 CE update from over the weekend, can you check your Software Past Upgrade spot and see if it says todays date or over the past w/e's date ?

Thanks,
Jimbo

Like most, I'm getting a little sick and tired of this. My HR-20 re-booted at least three times that I know of, and now the resolution on the box is stuck at 480 and I can't get it to change. I'm not about to try and reboot this again myself because I'm in the middle of recording shows at the moment -- and most of my upcoming shows to be programmed are not showing up. It shows that I did receive the new software upgrade but no less than six times this month my box has rebooted. I just wish that D* would get their act together. I've been a customer for over 10 years, haven't recieved any sort of loyalty incentive and I'm having serious thoughts of switching to cable! Sorry for my venting.

Sounds like your a pretty pissed guy for 5 posts.

If your like you user name says, you won't be going anywhere.
btw, do you really think that cable is the better of the two, have you seen thier DVR's ?

If your set to go, Go ahead ....

That crap is just not acceptable. Somebody needs to slap them with a class action lawsuit. Just freaking unbelievable. People are having these resets post 8pm now. Right in the middle of prime time viewing.

People,
It's Frickin TV

So watch something over the AIR for 20 minutes, not a big deal :rolleyes:

Jimbo

Jimbo, you probably got a reboot but no software download.

Same as you've been using.

Could be, could have been during the day when I was at work too.

I just don't know why everyone is so panicky.
I loose sat signal about 10 minutes out of a year, I can find other things to do besides watching TV for a few minutes that it takes to reboot.
You can always catch your show online if you have to.

Of course if this happened during my Buckeyes game I might reconsider :D
Of course I would probably turn it on the OTA antenna and finish watching and then see what the trouble was later. :)

fwiw, I have not lost any recordings or my To Do list or prioritizer.

Jimbo

did anyone else lose their VOD channels? The only channel that comes in is 1000 and the only VOD program available is the clip on how to use the VOD.

To be fair, this is very unusual. From my two years with DirecTV service, this is only the second time something like this has happened.

Also, both times were this month, hopefully this software change will prevent it from happening again.

That said, I don't like it either :(

I agree. In my two years, this is also my second time, both this month, and both put me out for 40 minutes total. I know others have had bigger problems with these two instances.

IMHO, software glitches happen, and I can understand that, I do question the times that they decided to try to push a fix through though. Cutting it close for most with prime time, right in the middle of it for others. That said, if this is all it is, and it doesnt become a week to week or month to month issue, I can deal with the small inconvenience I have had. Not thrilled with it, but I can deal with it.

I agree. In my two years, this is also my second time, both this month, and both put me out for 40 minutes total. I know others have had bigger problems with these two instances.

IMHO, software glitches happen, and I can understand that, I do question the times that they decided to try to push a fix through though. Cutting it close for most with prime time, right in the middle of it for others. That said, if this is all it is, and it doesnt become a week to week or month to month issue, I can deal with the small inconvenience I have had. Not thrilled with it, but I can deal with it.

It's also possible that whatever it was that they pushed thru, helped the Primetime situation, maybe it was something that they expected trouble with if it didn't get out by then.

Jimbo

lol. It was time for another software update. I have been running on the same since June.

Sounds like your a pretty pissed guy for 5 posts.

If your like you user name says, you won't be going anywhere.
btw, do you really think that cable is the better of the two, have you seen thier DVR's ?

If your set to go, Go ahead ....

Yes, I've only had five posts and I've only known about this site for a month but I tend to hold back my thoughts to voice them at the right time -- and this is the right time. I've had more troubles in the last year with not only the CSRs (most of them) but also the technology that D* is trying oi implement. The customer service is less than stellar, and the last time I called in I got an attitude.

Yes, I have seen cable's DVRs and they do have their faults/issues but so does D* -- just look at the last couple of months. I work in the cable industry presently and trust me I'm more than ready to leave but realy don't want to pay out any more money to get out of my contract, especially since I can get cable for nothing.

It's also possible that whatever it was that they pushed thru, helped the Primetime situation, maybe it was something that they expected trouble with if it didn't get out by then.

Jimbo

Thats true, and I understand the reason, I just question it. All I can go off of is my experience, and it seemed to be fine at the time of the download. Who knows though, I could have locked up right in the middle of my wifes shows. If so, tv would be the last thing on MY mind:D

Yes, I've only had five posts and I've only known about this site for a month but I tend to hold back my thoughts to voice them at the right time -- and this is the right time. I've had more troubles in the last year with not only the CSRs (most of them) but also the technology that D* is trying oi implement. The customer service is less than stellar, and the last time I called in I got an attitude.

Yes, I have seen cable's DVRs and they do have their faults/issues but so does D* -- just look at the last couple of months. I work in the cable industry presently and trust me I'm more than ready to leave but realy don't want to pay out any more money to get out of my contract, especially since I can get cable for nothing.

Sorry about the attitude I may have implied in the previous post, I'm normally not like that, but just get tired of the complaining when the company trys to do something that needs to be done.
Thats said, something like this would normally happen over night and most would not even know it happened.
fwiw, the HR20 takes 7 minutes to do a normal reboot, thats because it has been programed in the last year or two to reboot twice to avoid other possible issues,.
When doing a CE update it takes about 20 minutes normally, maybe thats why the normal reboot does not bother me.

Jimbo

Like I stated earlier, I can only go off of my own experience, but I havent had any problems other than this to make me unhappy with the D* technology. Nor have I had and bad contacts with D* customer service that wasnt handled to my satisfaction at the end of the call. Bad particular CSR reps, yes, bad overall once I explained what I expected in a nice manner, no. You may have simply gotten the bottom of the barrel when you talked to them, that is possible.

Mass produced hardware and software will have hiccups, it is simply unfortunate that we have had two fairly large ones so close together

Received 0290, I have HR21-700, trying to get the 1080p resolution checked off, but everytime I do I get a message stating that my TV does not accept Directv's 1080p broadcast, untrue, I have a Sony Bravia 1080p with my box hooked up via hdmi, I have a PS3/BluRay player that displays the 1080p with no problems, any suggestions?

My system rebooted an hour about 7:30p... it is now 9:47p and my HD locals have yet to return. I can turn to the HD locals but all I get is multicolor blurs.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)