HR2x / R22 Receiver Freeze / Reboot Issues (Again)

Status
Please reply by conversation.
that's correct. i have mine set to 1080i all the time. looks best to me that way. i've tried all the other settings. my 1080p is 60hz so i'm screwed. so are many hdtv's
Yeah thats how I leave mine since most are broadcast at that rez . Both of my plasmas will convert everything to 720p anyway, and I think they do a better job than the box. The less conversions the better.

Well at least you guys on the East Coast weren't shut off during prime time. I'm out here on the west and I worked til 6:30 last night. I had my dvr set to record the Celtics/Knicks preseason game at 4. I came home, no game, no power, no nothing. I immediately reset it. It came back on and started tivoing the post game show. I shut it off.

About 8:50 , I came back and started watching tv. At 9:00, it immediately rebooted and started the software download ( screen I never have seen before ).

The only thing that would of saved them from me being upset was if they would've downloaded a software version that allows you to record 2 channels at once without having the 2 lines coming into the receiver (a CSR told me this was going to happen soon, but I have yet to see it. This was like 5 months ago) .

Well at least you guys on the East Coast weren't shut off during prime time. I'm out here on the west and I worked til 6:30 last night. I had my dvr set to record the Celtics/Knicks preseason game at 4. I came home, no game, no power, no nothing. I immediately reset it. It came back on and started tivoing the post game show. I shut it off.

About 8:50 , I came back and started watching tv. At 9:00, it immediately rebooted and started the software download ( screen I never have seen before ).

The only thing that would of saved them from me being upset was if they would've downloaded a software version that allows you to record 2 channels at once without having the 2 lines coming into the receiver (a CSR told me this was going to happen soon, but I have yet to see it. This was like 5 months ago) .

I saw reports at the other site that indeed east coast people had this happen after 8pm EST.

Secondly the CSR is wrong. It's hardware not software that allows dual tuners with only one wire. You have to have either a SWM8 or SWM Slimline dish (along with compatible receivers) and this has been existence for a little while, prior to the current software release.

I saw reports at the other site that indeed east coast people had this happen after 8pm EST.

Secondly the CSR is wrong. It's hardware not software that allows dual tuners with only one wire. You have to have either a SWM8 or SWM Slimline dish (along with compatible receivers) and this has been existence for a little while, prior to the current software release.[/QUOTE]

Damn ! I've been waiting for this. I have no idea what type of dish I have. All I know is that its oval and huge.

Lost tuner 2

I lost tuner 2 after last night's update. When I pull both coaxials and reinsert one at a time in either tuner input I get a good picture w/sound. But I can only watch and record on tuner 1 ONLY.

Anybody else having this problem with a HR20??

I lost tuner 2 after last night's update. When I pull both coaxials and reinsert one at a time in either tuner input I get a good picture w/sound. But I can only watch and record on tuner 1 ONLY.

Anybody else having this problem with a HR20??

I would try the good ole RBR. My problem is/was

2 - HR21-100s

On one of the HR-21s, I had problems with watching my Tuner 2 HD stations while recording Tuner 1 HD. Or another way of saying I could only watch Tuner 2 SD while recording HD on Tuner 1. Swapped some BBCs around and found out the tuner 2 BBC went "bad" Prior to the 0290 update I noticed signal levels were slightly lower, but after they seem higher. Not sure why/how that happened. Anyhow, my hopefully permenant fix was to call direct tv and get them to express mail me replacement BBCs. You can do this online but it says it takes 10-15 days, so I called instead.

One the trouble shooting note, I got my HR21-100 to pass 1080p/24fps to my Mits DLP. Of course there is not content yet, but it works.

Lastly, does anyone know the freezing while connected to the ethernet solution? I had both connected to wireless ethernet adapters (linksys WGN600n). Both are disconnected for over a day now and no reset/freezing yet. I would love to have these networked, but not at the cost of better operation.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts