HR34 Existing Customer Discounts

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I had heard that if existing customers were getting the rebate, it was a mistake and it's not going to happen for long.

That could very well be. But I really can't imagine many existing customers that would be willing to fork over the $450 w/install it would cost without the discount. I for one, wouldn't and am not currently interested in anything from any of the providers that has that much upfront cost. Not nearly enough benefit in it, imo.

For me, the only thing that is of value is that I could have one DVR to replace the 2 HR24s in my viewing area and make management of recordings unified. IF or when D* decides to make the software on the HRs do that, then the value of the HR34 for me drops considerably more.

On the off chance that a second call might be more productive than my first unsuccessful attempt at getting an HR34 with a rebate, I gave it a whirl.

No joy! They wouldn't budge off the $399+$50 install+$50 equip upgrade charge since I am still in the first year. Not even after I told them towards the end that I could just get one for $399 from a retailer and pay no install or upgrade fee. I thought that might get at least $100 off. But no, no sale yet again. :(

Yep, it seems that way. But I can understand why and I'm not really mad about it. I actually would have been surprised if they had offered the $300 reduction, but I would have been happy to take some reduction.

Here's where I'm at I think. In August I'll be with them a year, at that point the ETF is $240 and that would represent the maximum I would be willing to pay to get the HR34. And that only if the HR34 has the new HDGUI which seems to actually help that model from the CE reports, and if they have BBCA in HD.

OR D* could goose their programmers into adding a unified todo list and series manager without slowing things to a crawl.

If they can't or won't offer something around that price point, or make the management of the MRV better, the discussion will change quite a bit.

Because by then the Dish Hopper/Joey should be out long enough to fix any major glitches that come along with a new product. And the programming with both services (outside of BBCA-HD) is close enough so programming itself isn't a big part of the picture. So a switch of service isn't out of the question either.

From my point of view things like Pandora and most of the apps should come in a distant second to making the product more manageable!

I for one would like to know what DTVs problem is with giving people in their first year and HR-34 at a discount.

I for one would like to know what DTVs problem is with giving people in their first year and HR-34 at a discount.
not sure, i would think they would give you a deal to try and keep your service and through word of mouth at what a nice company they are to have service through. guess i can wait till September to get one but would like one now. could have used it last night as i had to many programs recording to watch TV

Well, no HR34 for me, yet anyway.

Called for details on the rebate, and was told there is none, it was a mistake, no $300 rebate for existing customers. They also said the statement that they would waive the $50 "upgrade fee" was wrong too. Spoke with a manager and they wouldn't do anything, said my account had too many credits to be able to touch the $350 issue. I understood, I've had quite a few credits over the past year (money toward an HR24 from retail, NFL discount, other discounts, etc).

I cancelled the order, clearly it is not worth paying $521. ($399, $49 install, $50 upgrade fee, $22 tax).

I'll most likely end up buying one at retail.

Anyhow, if you were told a $300 rebate yesterday morning, it doesn't look good. If you get a straight discount on an order, however, it is most likely that your account is eligible for a discount and you're good to go.

maybe I'll try tonight....I'm coming up on 2 years with them

what a joke

so I call in and get probably the same guy who was on 2 1/2 men as the "doctor"....if you dont remember Charlie went to the pharmacy for a prescription and Russell (the pharmacist) had to talk to Dr Gobbly Gingo or something (in India) and the joke was at the end the phone rings and the Dr picks up and says "Die-Rect customer service this is Phil"
He says to me "they cant guarantee a specific model of a DVR" (huh????) and the best thing to do is to buy in online. I said it isnt available yet online for current subs and was told "well keep checking the site until it was available"...but he was pretty gung ho about trying to sell me movies

2nd guy said $400 + $50 install. I talked to him about another issue and didnt like the answer I got for that. But that isnt about the HR34 ;)

I was under the impression that DTV was a pretty well run commpany, but I see it is like all the other big corporations...it doesn't give a rip about customers. This is a pretty sad state that DTV is in. The right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing.

I called in today and I was offered Whole home DVR, and the new hr34 for a total of $199 plus 49.99 install fee
I do not have the whole home DVR so I think that is a pretty good deal. Thoughts?

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts