HTC one vs Samsing Galaxy S4. Whaich Would You Buy and Why

On 5/3 I opted for the HTC One. I have had Iphones since the 3GS.... my son started with the original and made me get it. HTC has the upgrade special and gave me $220 for my IPhone 4S. Yes, I know, I could get more on EBay but I haven't done EBay in a long time and did not feel like going that route. I got enough to pay for the upgrade and that is all I care about. My reasons for choosing the One instead of the S4.... I liked the feel of the One, it was a little sturdier feeling to me. I preferred the screen on the One, I have old lady eyes and for some reason the whole thing appeared clearer to me. And again I had my son's influence, just a little. He had tried the S3 and didn't like it and ended up with the HTC One X. The camera seems to work fine as far as I'm concerned but I have a regular camera and I don't take many pictures with my phone. I didn't find the learning curve I expected coming from the IPhone. It was an easy transition. The HTC software transferred all of my contacts, music, etc from my IPhone with no problems. I did not have a lot of music though. I don't listen to music much. My IPhone would not read texts from my car's SYNC service, the HTC does... the S4 probably would have as well but I don't know for sure. Bottom line .... I love the phone and feel I made the right choice for me.

On 5/3 I opted for the HTC One. I have had Iphones since the 3GS.... my son started with the original and made me get it. HTC has the upgrade special and gave me $220 for my IPhone 4S. Yes, I know, I could get more on EBay but I haven't done EBay in a long time and did not feel like going that route. I got enough to pay for the upgrade and that is all I care about. My reasons for choosing the One instead of the S4.... I liked the feel of the One, it was a little sturdier feeling to me. I preferred the screen on the One, I have old lady eyes and for some reason the whole thing appeared clearer to me. And again I had my son's influence, just a little. He had tried the S3 and didn't like it and ended up with the HTC One X. The camera seems to work fine as far as I'm concerned but I have a regular camera and I don't take many pictures with my phone. I didn't find the learning curve I expected coming from the IPhone. It was an easy transition. The HTC software transferred all of my contacts, music, etc from my IPhone with no problems. I did not have a lot of music though. I don't listen to music much. My IPhone would not read texts from my car's SYNC service, the HTC does... the S4 probably would have as well but I don't know for sure. Bottom line .... I love the phone and feel I made the right choice for me.

I would like to know if the S4 will read the text with my Ford Sync before I buy one as well, glad to see the HTC 1 does.

Looks like they will give me a whole $10 for my Epic, Yippie ....
I may as well keep it for the Camera alone and shut the service off.

yeah might as well. at most they are going for 30-40 dollars on ebay with shipping. it's good to have a backup anyway.

I wanted the HTC One . It is such a beautiful phone . But I cannot go on beauty alone. The camera is just so so. Regardless of how large the pixels , it is still a 4MP camera. To me , that is a turn off . Also , on Droid Life , the review of Sense 5 wasn't good at all. seems that everything works different on the HTC One than the other androids . What just one simple step can do on the other androids , it takes 2 on the One. I will put the link here if it is okay. if not , remove the link.

http://www.droid-life.com/2013/04/17/htc-one-review/

The camera is muvh better than you might think. In low light in particualr it is stellar and takes better pictures than my son' S$. Having said that in outdorr shots the S4 is just beter. Not by as much as I thought but there is no question about it.