I admit, I am a cheater

skyviewmark

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 29, 2006
Bay Minette, Al
Yes I use cheat codes.

So why is there a great lack of cheat codes for PS3 games.

In the old days of PS2 I could find a ton of them. For the PC I can cheat abundantly. But for the PS3 there seems to be very few codes that can be found or actually work if found. Some of my favorite games are the Half Life Orange Box, BioShock, Fear2, and GTA4. Am I missing something here..

Go ahead, make fun of the cheater :)

But I really do want to know.

Don't feel bad, I used to cheat with the arcade coinop of Track and Field using an electric toothbrush to run and jump at the highest level.

Don't feel bad, I used to cheat with the arcade coinop of Track and Field using an electric toothbrush to run and jump at the highest level.

Congrats on 1000 posts.:up

Well, I don't play online.. I just kill time at home with mine. And There is just a ral lack of cheat codes for the PS3. Or I am not looking in the right spot.

there are cheat codes out there, but I dont think Publishers use them as much as they use to, as they worry about experience, and lets face it most games complete in 10 hours now, I really am saddened by the length of games anymore...I understand we are on a experience driven, or Co-op driven online world right now, but nothing beats sitting down and playing a game like bio shock that is totally immersive, or even Unchartered or metal gear solid.

there are cheat codes out there, but I dont think Publishers use them as much as they use to, as they worry about experience, and lets face it most games complete in 10 hours now, I really am saddened by the length of games anymore...I understand we are on a experience driven, or Co-op driven online world right now, but nothing beats sitting down and playing a game like bio shock that is totally immersive, or even Unchartered or metal gear solid.

I agree, I just finished Zelda, twilight princess. It took me 40 hours, damn it felt good when I finished it.

I play mostly RPG's. I use walk throughs just before the final boss, just to find out what I may have missed. They hide so much stuff in these games (ultimate weapons, hidden areas, secret upgrades, etc...) and I wouldn't even know this stuff existed if it weren't for the walk throughs. I pride myself on finishing games without resorting to the "cheats".

I play mostly RPG's. I use walk throughs just before the final boss, just to find out what I may have missed. They hide so much stuff in these games (ultimate weapons, hidden areas, secret upgrades, etc...) and I wouldn't even know this stuff existed if it weren't for the walk throughs. I pride myself on finishing games without resorting to the "cheats".

I don't consider walkthroughs cheating, you still have to fight all the enemies.

I only use them if I'm really stuck somewhere or can't figure something out in order to progress. I don't have the time and patience that I did when I was younger and I would just keep trying incessantly.

One trap I CONSTANTLY run into is relying on FAQs like an alcoholic relies on JD when playing adventure games. I'm a sucker for a good story (which those games are known for) so after a while it almost becomes like pausing and playing a movie.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts