I am thinking about getting Tivo

When we got FiOS TV, I ordered a refub Tivo HD. The box was dented, scratched and filthy..looked like someone had pulled it out of a garbage can. I sent it back and Tivo sent me a replacement. This one was a good shape, but it had what I believe to be a buffer problem. Tivo send me a replacement remote (which I knew wouldn't work) and I eventually retured the box and terminated by trial service. My first Tivo HD experiece was not a good one.

Anyway, a couple months later I found a brand new TivoHD online for $208, so I purchased it along with a My DVR for $109. While I can certainly recommend the TivoHD (almost as good as the 622/722), I cannot recommend buying a refurbished unit based on my experiences. I recommend spending a few extra dollars a buying a brand new unit.

TiVo Question

I hope this is the correct place to ask this. I have a TiVo series 2 DT, and my subscription ends next month. Since I joined Dish this year I haven't used my TiVo at all, so I'm going to end the subscription.

My question: Once I end the subscription can my TiVo be used for anything other then a doorstop?

Until I got Dish, I loved my TiVo and so did my wife, but the 722k handles just about all our needs and I'm planning on getting the OTA mod for it after January. So like I said, I'm not using my TiVo any more for recording. Can't see a reason to keep paying for it.

Merry Christmas,
Ghpr13:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts