I finally bit the bullet and got Sirius

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

DarrellP

I Think, therefore, I am.
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 6, 2003
Salem, OR
I rented a Dodge Magnum with Sirius radio for a vacation to San Francisco over Spring break and fell in love with Sirius. My lady friend and I found Chill on channel 35 and never changed the channel for an entire week! :eek:

When we got home I checked out the Sirius website and ordered the Starmate replay with the home adaptor. It shipped yesterday and I am very anxious to get it working. :)

Do you guys think the $499 up front lifetime payment is the best deal? It's only about 3 1/2 years worth of programming, sounds like a good deal. Is Sirius solid enough to bite on this deal? I'd hate to be left hanging if they went under. :eek:

Thanks. :up

I go with the 1yr, because "lifetime of the unit" scares me somewhat regardless of what it is, not because its Sirius. Again welcome, I am up to my forth and I am sure you will be adding too. I especially enjoy mine connected to the PC in the office for listening and recording.

GeorgeLV said:
The "lifetime" subscription is for the lifetime of the radio, not your lifetime.
They say you can upgrade to a new receiver up to 3 times for $75/upgrade. They do say never pay again, so it must be lifetime, well at least as long as your 3rd upgraded receiver lasts, right? I guess I'll go with the 1 or 2 year for now.

Thanks for your replies.

DarrellP said:
They say you can upgrade to a new receiver up to 3 times for $75/upgrade. They do say never pay again, so it must be lifetime, well at least as long as your 3rd upgraded receiver lasts, right? I guess I'll go with the 1 or 2 year for now. Thanks for your replies.

That still scares me seeing none of my 4 Sirius tuners cost me over $50. So to upgrade thats $75 PLUS the cost of the newer radio AND the lifetime fee you have already paid?

$75 is a 6mos sub @ $13 or a full year @ $7

Last edited:
DarrellP said:
Do you guys think the $499 up front lifetime payment is the best deal?

Ok.

Do you plan to stop listening to radio in the next 2-3 years?

If the answer is NO then the answer to the lifetime subscription is Y E S!

We just signed up another customer today and they paid for one year which came out to $180 with the $10 initial activation fee ... that's more than a third of what the lifetime subscription cost!

Sirius lets you change receivers up to three times (and i've changed it just about that much, my current one is an S50 and I upgraded to lifetime about 2 months ago) and then charges (at last check) $60 for everyone after that.

I've subscribed to Sirius since 2002 and now that I have an S50 and a lifetime subscription, if and when my S50 pukes .... I'll still have 2 other 'transfers' left on my lifetime.

Bottom line ..... get the lifetime, it's the best deal.:up

I just got a #2 radio and while I'm usually 1st in line for lifetime service when it's available (I have 3x lifetime subbed Tivos), I didn't go for it on either of my Sirius radios.

The reason I didn't go Lifetime on the Sirius Radio is that I was told that If I lifetime one on mine I won't get the multi unit discount on the #2 radio.

I've read on Sirius backstage that they do indeed do the multi-unit discount on the additional radios for people that have tried. I dunno - I don't see myself canceling any time soon - I might just have to drop $1k and lifetime them both - lol.

I went with a lifetime subscription on my Kenwood DT 7000S home unit. This Sirius radio will stay in my home theater system and I thought and still think it was/is a good deal. OTOH, I have all my other plug and play Sirius radios on the yearly plan due to the technology advances we will be seeing in the near future. Sirius has already stated they will have a new portable unit out this summer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts