I need info on new hopper plus

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Pricing depends upon many unspecified factors. Perhaps length of time you’ve been a customer, and payment history. Maybe what programming package you subscribe to. Heck, maybe on that butterfly in Brazil flapping it’s wings.

I own three 4K Joeys. I thought I was getting a somewhat future-proofed box when I spent $64 to $70 on each of those, even though there's pretty close to zero 4K content. The 4K Joey has an Ethernet port and a USB port. Dish should use either of those ports to provide a device, for free, that upgrades a 4K Joey to be able to display whatever version of 4K that the Hopper 3 provides. Or, gosh, I don't know, have the Hopper 3 actually know that it's talking to a 4K Joey and send non-HDR 4K to that 4K Joey.
Financially you made a good move on buying. I was offered free upgrade but to lease. That $7/monthly will blow past your $70 in no time. I hope I may have the advantage in come fix your equipment!

Reactions: charlesrshell
Financially you made a good move on buying. I was offered free upgrade but to lease. That $7/monthly will blow past your $70 in no time. I hope I may have the advantage in come fix your equipment!
The thing is even though he purchased his equipment he still has to pay the same $7/monthly that you do.

I never knew that I never owned any for many many years now! Thats not right or fair! Hell my last owned was a 301! OMG I'm old.
There are only two advantages to owning your own equipment. First, you can deactivate a receiver without the need to return it to Dish. Let's say you have a Joey in a guest room and it only needs to be active for few months when grandma comes to visit annually. You can deactivate it for the other ten months and save that $5 a month for those ten months. Second, you decide to go full time streaming and cancel your Dish sub. You can now sell those receivers on EBay.

There are only two advantages to owning your own equipment. First, you can deactivate a receiver without the need to return it to Dish.
Egggzactly. I generally keep two out of three of them deactivated. When I need them, I activate them. Same for my Wally that stays deactivated until we go camping. So I pay $0 per month for many months, then some prorated portion of $5 per month for the period that they're activated. So if I paid $64 for a 4KJ and I don't waste $7/month leasing one for 9 months that rarely gets used, the purcahse is paid for in those 9 months. And yes, they could be sold if I move off of Dish.

The thing is even though he purchased his equipment he still has to pay the same $7/monthly that you do.
$5/month as mentioned by ethanlerma, but billing for usage is prorated. If I need it for 4 days, I pay 4/30*5=$0.66 for that time used.

I have a 211 that never gets turned on but once a year or so to update the software/firmware. No matter how often you do it there is always a update. On some devices if the get too far behind its harder or sometimes impossible to update them. Have you ever heard of a Dish receiver doing this? And any value to upgrade to a Wally? It's connected to an older automatic tracker.

We had our OG Hopper 3 (circa 2016) Hopper Plus add on and OG Joeys (circa 2016) swapped out yesterday.
The tech checked to see if our Hopper 3 had the correct software, which it did not. Proceeded to plug in the usb drive and wait. I asked "could I have checked for software updates and installed before you came out and saved the wait time" to which he replied "yes".

Not sure how correct that information is but if so could be a great pro-tip for those waiting.

No mulit-view, No Picture in Picture. The Hopper Plus has a lot of issues and lockups just doing one stream. Skip Forward and Fast forward have lots of pauses and other issues also.
Sadly, you are correct. They are aware and working on it. I have many problems many times per day. I am not saying it's a bad product it's just been released prior to being fully beta tested.

It is being fully beta tested right now.

That’s the Dish network way. I can remember basically being beta testers for the DVR 921, the ViP722, and the Hopper. The sling add-on. The HopperGo. The PocketDish. The list goes on and on. I used to enjoy being an early adopter to their tech, but now I just want things that works. The truth is, I don’t want my wife getting pissed of because our tech is bugging out!

That’s the Dish network way. I can remember basically being beta testers for the DVR 921, the ViP722, and the Hopper. The sling add-on. The HopperGo. The PocketDish. The list goes on and on. I used to enjoy being an early adopter to their tech, but now I just want things that works. The truth is, I don’t want my wife getting pissed of because our tech is bugging out!
I fully agree!

So sad! My Hopper Plus decided to crash during prime time. I was 20 minutes in a show not rewinding or anything. I am on my third full power cycle (unplugged for a full minute) I am unable to see live TV it shows no tuners being used or available. I am highly thinking about just unplugging the Plus and go back to my Hopper 3 and 40.0 remote. Thankfully I subscribe to Paramount+ and others so I can watch my missed shows.