I will NOT sub to VOOM content if they become a content provider!!

Ronald_Jeremy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 2, 2005
Rock Ridge!!!!!!!!!!!!
Not gonna do it.

I don't care who provides their content. Dick or Dave can offer it. But I won't subscribe.

They had a great product. The pusssies at Cablevision bailed and sh!t on Chuck.

Vug 'em.

It is a matter of principal.

They made a deal with the devil to sell the bird. Now they want to squeeze every dollar they have left out of what they have left. I will not be a participant.

Even if one of the other provider's picked it up the bandwidth dedication would not be there.

Chuck, I love your vision. Too bad it was not to be realized this time around.

Stay kewl bro!!!!! You da man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you wont worry about that, because I don't think anyone will devote the bandwidth to carry them.

And I wouldn't sub to them either, but for other reasons that I get yelled at when I talk about them ;)

Ronald_Jeremy said:
Not gonna do it.

I don't care who provides their content. Dick or Dave can offer it. But I won't subscribe.

Vug 'em.

They made a deal with the devil to sell the bird. Now they want to squeeze every dollar they have left out of what they have left. I will not be a participant.

Even if one of the other provider's picked it up the bandwidth dedication would not be there.

I can't help but agree with you Ron!!!!!

But, I'm also hooked on HD....

So, if someone offers the Voom exclusives... I'll have to take care of my fix... I beleive I've become an HD Junkie!!!!!!

Even if VOOM switches to a content provider business there would be a good chance that they would be provided as a stand alone package on either a C-Band or KU-Band system. So you might not have to sub to E* or D* or Cable to get them.

Agree I am done supporting anything cablevisions sells in the future.

Bryan could be right

Remember Cablevision still has transponders that they leased off of AMC-6 that are not going to be used for Voom DBS. They could use these transponders to place the programming (21 HD exclusives) on and offer them to Ku-band subscribers, or DBS (DirecTV, Dish) and cable companies. I think the later would be more cost-worthy on Cablevision's part and would more than likely be offered to DishNetwork, DirecTV, Charter, TimeWarner, Cablevision, Adelphia, and other popular cable services.

I'm going to miss Rave, my wife is going to miss Auction, and my youngest will miss Animania.

I'll go out on a limb and say I might subscribe to them. It would depend entirely on what form they were offered in, by whom, and for how much. right now everywhere I look they want like fifty bucks or more for four or five HD channels. Not good enough. If it suddenly turned into twenty-five channels (plus all the SD crap) for fifty bucks, well that puts me back where I am now.

I guess my hope is that E* somehow offers them, seeing as they're the only ones who seem to allow one to buy just the HD programming. If I could get their five channels plus the Voom21 for somewhere around twenty-five to thirty bucks a month, I'd be glad to pop for the $450 receiver needed. Actually, that sounds about perfect to me...but I'm not holding my breath. :D

I might subscribe because I'll be able to use my DVR. I have Dish and Voom and never watched V* because of the lack of DVR.

I understand your sentiments, Ronald_Jeremy. But if the Voom 21 were offered here in HD, I would probably go for them depending on the price. But where I am, I don't expect anybody to offer them.

Ronald_Jeremy said:
Not gonna do it.

Vug 'em.

If he ws 'De Man' we would still have VOOM. He time fr him to retire after he tries to sell the content. Noone still devote the bandwith. Would you. Here is the sales pitch.

I tried selling this wonderful package of VOOM 21 channels + all the HD available and in 18 months were abale to sign up 40K subs. So why don't you do the same and allocate a bird to do the same. I say a bird to get the good quality pic. First E* says it isn't compelling content, like HDmovies are?

Know if they added it to their HD pack I would switch to D* or E* in a heartbeat. But out of the 12+ million subs they have do you think they care abaout gaining another 40? I think not. How may current subs will pay more for VOOM 21 on D* that would bring their programming costs to about $150.00 month. And I bet all the providers are jumping at the bit to add LAB, Ultra, Auction. I could see WorldSport and maybe a condensed Cinema channel, like all the movies on one channel (less repeats), Rush. Rave sucks compared to the concerts on Inhd and Hdnet. Inhd just signed a deal to show a horror movies ever friday night THey have weekly concerts (full lenth good ones) not constat Cheryl Crow more the Jazz Festival 2002. Best Move I can see

1) Condense all movies to 1 channes
2) WorldSport+Rush
3) Beef up Monsters
4) Equator + Ultra + Gallery

Four Channels and I would grab it.

hate to say it but while I like v21 channels I think the one HD chan I'll miss most is UHD. Sure hope cable tries to pick that one up at least but then again Im wierd I guess.

DirecTV has UHD now. Then you can have your HDTIVO to record it! :)

I watched Thunderbirds last night and was really entertained with it. I'll miss stuff like that and will sub to the VOOM21 whomever picks it up. Don't watch it often but I like the variety as long as whoever gets it doesn't butcher the PQ. Thunderbirds was fabulous quality as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)