iCloud discussion thread

We are just nit picking now. You see that it is active and I don't and we both state the same arguments for the reasons. I can't stream so to me it is not there but you can with the developers account. Once I can stream I will join your opinion on the subject. ;)

Ok, :) But you said it wasn't part of iCloud, and I explained how it is -- or how it will be - in a few weeks. :D

I'm kind of sorry I made the switch to iCloud. It seems that iDisk sync is gone even though I still have iDisk grandfathered in. The little Backup application still does it, just not the sync.

I really wish that Apple had kept the iSync part of things, especially key chains.

I'm kind of sorry I made the switch to iCloud. It seems that iDisk sync is gone even though I still have iDisk grandfathered in. The little Backup application still does it, just not the sync.

I really wish that Apple had kept the iSync part of things, especially key chains.

I am sure, if I had mobile me, I would have not been quick to pull the trigger to iCloud, for those exact reasons. Its also a shame that they are killing off iWeb; but who knows what they will add to icloud as time goes on.

Ok, :) But you said it wasn't part of iCloud, and I explained how it is -- or how it will be - in a few weeks. :D

It wasn't part of iCloud. From what I remember the ability to download the previously purchased songs again came out prior to iCloud beta. They may have integrated it into iCloud but it was available prior. So since I am using an ability that I had prior to iCloud it isn't iCloud until iCloud is fully available to me.

It wasn't part of iCloud. From what I remember the ability to download the previously purchased songs again came out prior to iCloud beta. They may have integrated it into iCloud but it was available prior. So since I am using an ability that I had prior to iCloud it isn't iCloud until iCloud is fully available to me.

LOL - I guess. :) And I'll go back to listening to music I bought, streaming on my mac from itunes with the iCloud logo next to it. ;) :D

And we move on... as Sheldon Cooper would say, "meeting adjourned... this conversation is circling!" :D

OK. Question about iCloud and Movies. How does iCloud handle movies that were obtained from the digital copies from DVD's and Blu-Rays? Does it let you re download those again also or store in the cloud with no storage used?

OK. Question about iCloud and Movies. How does iCloud handle movies that were obtained from the digital copies from DVD's and Blu-Rays? Does it let you re download those again also or store in the cloud with no storage used?

Can't stream movies -- yet anyways. Can just download them, and not sure if itunes match will "match" your movies.

What advantage would I have to using the iCloud? I'm on a 2GB data plan with Verizon, same as my wife. I wouldn't want to stream my own music due to not wanting to hit the data cap every month, plus all of my songs fit on my iPhone with plenty of room to spare.

One of the problems I am seeing with iCloud is that before all my families iphones/ipad all sharing on mobileme account so that we we could track everyone with the find my iphone app or online.

But now with iCloud each member of the family wants their own icloud account so when the music cloud service becomes available they each only get their own music. (I should note each person has their own itunes account.)

So now that they all have their own icloud account we can no longer track them with the find my iphone service. In order to find them we must log onto to their icloud account one by one which is a pain.

I would like the find my iphone service to be separate from the icloud so it makes the family easy to keep track of.

One of the problems I am seeing with iCloud is that before all my families iphones/ipad all sharing on mobileme account so that we we could track everyone with the find my iphone app or online.

But now with iCloud each member of the family wants their own icloud account so when the music cloud service becomes available they each only get their own music. (I should note each person has their own itunes account.)

So now that they all have their own icloud account we can no longer track them with the find my iphone service. In order to find them we must log onto to their icloud account one by one which is a pain.

I would like the find my iphone service to be separate from the icloud so it makes the family easy to keep track of.

I thought you could still do it seperate. Isn't it one of the questions you were asked when setting up ios5. I'm looking at my "find my iphone" app right now. Am I missing something?

In the setup it just asked if you wanted to turn on location services.

I have 5 devices I track and the only way to have all 5 show on find my iphone is to use the same iCloud login for all of them.

Scott Greczkowski said:
In the setup it just asked if you wanted to turn on location services.

I have 5 devices I track and the only way to have all 5 show on find my iphone is to use the same iCloud login for all of them.

I could have sworn it asked the option to use find my iPhone because I'm sure I selected yes, and all my devices have the find my iPhone app on them. I didn't download them. They showed up after the upgrade/setup.

EDIT:

Link
Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Last edited:
Scott Greczkowski said:

Isn't that what the Find my Friends app is for?

Neutron said:
What advantage would I have to using the iCloud? I'm on a 2GB data plan with Verizon, same as my wife. I wouldn't want to stream my own music due to not wanting to hit the data cap every month, plus all of my songs fit on my iPhone with plenty of room to spare.

I believe you can only use iCloud while on wifi.

Find my friends might do it. But its a pain to setup with 9 devices.

iCloud works fine on 3G. I am using music match now on it and it runs good. :D

Scott Greczkowski said:

iCloud works fine on 3G. I am using music match now on it and it runs good. :D

When does match become public?

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

Scott Greczkowski said:

My understanding is that after you set up all your devices to use Find my Friends, you'll only need to log into your account to check on every device, which would make it easier in the long run than Find my iPhone.

robk299 said:
My understanding is that after you set up all your devices to use Find my Friends, you'll only need to log into your account to check on every device, which would make it easier in the long run than Find my iPhone.

Correct.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

Right now I only have stuart628 on the find my friends app, and so it tells me he is in Ohio, and tells him that I am in Illinois. :)

I guess I can see the value of this app if you were a student or kid - and wanted to know where your buds were, OR as to figure out where your family members are, but since I am the only iPhone user in my family (and our other iOS devices are wi-fi dependent) its not quite as useful for me. Next summer it will though, when the rest of the family is eligible for an iPhone.

So do you have to have separate apple ID's for find my friends to work? Between myself, wife and daughter we have 2 iPhones, an iPod touch, and an iPad. But we share the same apple ID from one computer. Would I still be able to use this app?

So do you have to have separate apple ID's for find my friends to work? Between myself, wife and daughter we have 2 iPhones, an iPod touch, and an iPad. But we share the same apple ID from one computer. Would I still be able to use this app?

ah... the question that has caused many people to shake their heads this past week, mostly in terms of iCloud. But I suspect it needs a different ID to be able to track different people.

I have my wife's iPad on her own iCloud account, and thus new Apple ID, but I have her app store tied to MY Apple ID.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)