If you don't like what VOOM provides, why are you still whinning about it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seawaves said:
I too- had a lot of haters hating me because I had no micro-stutter(s), we are asking Voom to make good on what they say...that they have the best PQ of anyone. Just look at HDnet on DirecTV and you'll see that's not true!

I want what they sold me- not HDnews looking wonderful without any real content. Make my cheese sharp, thanks.

Seawaves,

why is it that VOOM gets to be compared to the Standard HDnet (whether on D* or E*). Why is it that we do not demand the same for ESPN-HD, HBO-HD, Sho-HD, TNT-HD, Discovery-HD on E* or D*. Is it that those are at the same standard as HDnet already or is it just me or HDnet happens to be the only channel that looks at an acceptable standard on E* or D*. As I said before you and others are dreaming if you think E* or D* or V* will ever give you the HDnet quality. Neither E* or D* has done it with their other HD channels (only HDnet); If this is what people are waiting for, don't put your hopes too high because (in my opinion) is not going to happen. Dish or E* or Cable does not do it with their other HD channels (except for HDnet or InHD). If VOOM ever lands HDnet or InHD, you will see what you see on D* or E*. HDnet or InHD will look awesome and the others will look ok. That is the reality of E*, D* or V*. DirecTv also advertises crip quality. What the heck they even have celebrity doing it in commercial saying that Digital Channels look very crisppy on a 50" TV. Why is it that I don't see the same complains on D*.

Sean Mota said:
4- Constants complaints are driving VOOM's people away from here. Nothing they do seem to satisfy a group of people here. I mean "nothing" because there is constant bitching about everything and anything. On how many threads or post do the same constant things come up? Isn't that why we have stickies in the forum.

When were Voom's people here? Besides Dragon Lady and Wilt in Yahoo forum, I don't recall anyone around here stating they were with Voom. If they were here, they sure weren't answering questions.

As someone who might be a target of this thread, I'll say as I've said before. Voom is the best of several non-perfect choices for me at the present time. I don't see how this forum as being any different than over on the Dish forum. When the 921 and 811 crap were inflicted upon the members they cried just as loud as we have been. Charlie Ergen's a joke over there (and everywhere else :) ).

I agree with the general point of people who start complaint threads when these threads already exist. But usually it's just newbs who don't know any better. For this, a Ken H style of thread cleaning may have to be initiated.

BTW, I love everyone here. I also watched Places in the Heart earlier and felt compelled to tell you all this. I also love cheese. And Batman. And barley. And . . .

Sean Mota said:
Seawaves,

why is it that VOOM gets to be compared to the Standard HDnet (whether on D* or E*). Why is it that we do not demand the same for ESPN-HD, HBO-HD, Sho-HD, TNT-HD, Discovery-HD on E* or D*. Is it that those are at the same standard as HDnet already or is it just me or HDnet happens to be the only channel that looks at an acceptable standard on E* or D*. As I said before you and others are dreaming if you think E* or D* or V* will ever give you the HDnet quality. Neither E* or D* has done it with their other HD channels (only HDnet); If this is what people are waiting for, don't put your hopes too high because (in my opinion) is not going to happen. Dish or E* or Cable does not do it with their other HD channels (except for HDnet or InHD). If VOOM ever lands HDnet or InHD, you will see what you see on D* or E*. HDnet or InHD will look awesome and the others will look ok. That is the reality of E*, D* or V*. DirecTv also advertises crip quality. What the heck they even have celebrity doing it in commercial saying that Digital Channels look very crisppy on a 50" TV. Why is it that I don't see the same complains on D*.

Don't me started on those lame DirecTV commercials. What's worse is they run them a million times. It's like a hundred epsiodes of "Hello Larry" Geez.

So we disagree-you are the most strident Voom supporter here. I got that. But you have good qualities as well.

Sean Mota said:
Seawaves,

I for one have complained greatly about ESPN-HD, especially it being stuck at 1080i because of busted equipment that no one has been able to fix for 10 weeks. I still love eveyone. And Angelina Jolie. And the Olsen twin whose spine isn't visible. And potatoes. And . . .

squicken said:
When were Voom's people here? Besides Dragon Lady and Wilt in Yahoo forum, I don't recall anyone around here stating they were with Voom. If they were here, they sure weren't answering questions. . .

For various reasons, they will never post here. They have contacted me or a moderator or Scott here asking for specific questions. They are quite aware of what's going on.

squicken said:
I for one have complained greatly about ESPN-HD, especially it being stuck at 1080i because of busted equipment that no one has been able to fix for 10 weeks. I still love eveyone. And Angelina Jolie. And the Olsen twin whose spine isn't visible. And potatoes. And . . .

What I am really talking about is this:

Does HDnet = ESPN-HD or HBO-HD or Show-HD or TNT-HD or Bravo-HD or Discovery HD on E* or D*?

This is the question... and the answer is nope! So it looks like HDnet (on DBS) and InHD (on Cable) are the only two channels that distinguished themselves from the rest. Given this why should every VOOM channel be put the test and compared to HDnet or InHD when others are not.

My only beef with VOOM is the open ended promises. The larger dish, the new compression schemes, the DVR. They've promised all this stuff, but they've done very little in giving out any information. Everyone sits here and speculates and gets all worked up. If VOOM would just tell us the status on a lot of this stuff a great deal of the complaining would turn to anticipation.

HeavyC said:
My only beef with VOOM is the open ended promises. The larger dish, the new compression schemes, the DVR. They've promised all this stuff, but they've done very little in giving out any information. Everyone sits here and speculates and gets all worked up. If VOOM would just tell us the status on a lot of this stuff a great deal of the complaining would turn to anticipation.

They will not do that until it is ready. At least these are not speculations, they are going to take place but it takes coordination for them to happen.

Sean,
Thanks for trying to reason with this debate. (which has been: HDNet vs. VOOM's exclusive programming and subsequently led to D* and Dish is a better choice due to HDNet being offered in their programming)

Let's just cut to the chase. Since there has been so many "I rather have HDNet than...." type posts, Please go and enjoy that channel. A lot of us Voom subs. like what they offer.

All of this mess being posted on this forum reminds me of D*......wasted bandwidth.

Let's go back to enjoying VOOM, identifying VOOM issues and solutions, working together to solve problems, and helping each other maximize our entertainment experience with this investment.

andrzej said:
I am trying to find an official Voom statement that Voom has the best PQ. Could you guys help me please?

andrzej, I can't find a statement that says Voom has the best PQ... but, I have a pamplet that states, just under the Voom logo:
*the best picture, period
*the most HD movies
*the most premium channels in HD
*the best cable networks
*the best sound quality
*the most advanced TV satellite
*the best in-home experience

gutter said:
Do you want cheddar or swiss? lol. Still a good point. The bottom line is that we all want VOOM to be what they say they want to be. They say they are the crispist mirror like image you can find. I hope one day that will be true.

Naysayers and whiners don't eat chedder or swiiss... They eat fromunder cheese. Cheese from under my nut sack!

HeavyC,
Just for the record, Voom's track record is not that bad compared to the other providers. NOTE: I am referring to HD and HD related topics.

Also, please keep in mind that VOOM has NOT completed a full fiscal year. There seems to be a trend here to judge Voom on a quarter by quarter basis (hell, sometimes on a month by month basis)

Sean people are more apt to voice there opinion when they have a complaint. It is just human nature. I do have to say Voom's silence on ongoing improvements is disheartening. If they would let people know what is going on now and then it would quiet down quite a few people. Also if Voom's CSR's where given more authority to help voomers it would eliminate the CSR complaints for the most part. Growing pains and the fact that you cant make everyone happy all the time in combination with the few subscribers to Voom make the few gripes come to light louder and easier. As for me will I keep Voom past the first of the year?? I am not sure. But my reason is I may be moving and I am not sure if I will still have LOS. Now for the people complaining about Vooms programming costs going up the first of the year. They are only going up to the original prices they had told us when we first signed up.

Ok now that I have many run on sentences why don't we let everyone complain about my grammar for a while :)

Maybe its me but voom has released 2 software patched this year, upgraded HD programming, and still working on getting it right. That shows initiative. Now let's compare apples. Rate the competition HD initiatives.

I am not even going to touch the CSRs.

Sean, you are right on target.

We all expect and appreciate constructive criticism. It promotes positive changes. But there are a handful of people here who criticize just to monopolize every thread, time and time again. Hell, read this thread, you can see it here. A thread about people constantly whining has been bombarded by whining about bandwidth and voom's advertising practices. HELLO! IS ANYBODY IN THERE?! We don't care if you think you are doing a public service - we are tired of hearing it!

Some folks bitched for months about the software not coming. Then they bitched when it came because it didn't have all the features they wanted. Voom announced the free viewing of the Tyson fight, and they bitched that the quality needed boosting (before they saw it). Voom delivered it in AWESOME HD PQ - so now they are saying the only reason we got it free is because we have so few subscribers.

Let's face it - The whiners have issues that will not be resolved by VOOM or the combined efforts of everyone in this forum. They obviously hate life and they insist on sharing that misery with the rest of us.

NEWSFLASH: Voom ain't perfect. Never will be. But it is the best thing in HD out there, in my opinion. If something better comes along, I'll consider it. In the meantime, I plan to enjoy my VOOM. It's a shame you can't enjoy yours.

Eddie

andrzej said:
I am trying to find an official Voom statement that Voom has the best PQ. Could you guys help me please?
Go to www.voom.com and read the very first page:

"Not Just The Most TV. The Best TV."
"The world's first satellite service built for HDTV. The most HD programming anywhere."
"The crisp, clean look of the future - today. That's VOOM."

There it is in blue and white, they said it themselves. I agree with some of the above, let's see:

"Not Just the Most TV?" It's definitely not the most, any provider has more channels.
"The Best TV". Best at what? Serving the most HD, yes, serving the best picture? No. :no
"The world's first satellite service built for HDTV." Yes. :yes
"The most HD programming anywhere." Yes. :yes
"The crisp, clean look of the future - today." :no Far from it. I have yet to see a single channel that is clear and crisp. I watched HDNET Movies Chiller movie tonight, now THAT was clean and crisp. :yes

I fugure that 90% of the people who have VOOM enjoy it and are too busy watching it to write and have nothing to complain about. I think some of these complainers would complain about almost anything. You would think that some of them never owned a computer or cell phone. Anyway, 90%.....enjoy VOOM!

The less-than-happy crowd are actually pretty predictable. It starts with complaints, and ends with the "I'm out--here's why" thread. The difference seems to be each person's individual tolerance level. The constructive criticism can be good, if it is offered with the intent of making things better. If that is not the case, then most of us would like to see these people move on, and moving on quietely would be appreciated.

I'm sure this thread was meant for me. But so be it. The reason I complain is to try to get things done. If people just sit back and say nothing do you thing Voom will do anyting? No! If Voom would address some of these issues I might be happy. First and foremost, Stop Lying! Seems the CSR's will tell you anything you want to hear. You people can say "well thats a CSR, don't believe them" BS! They are a repersenative of Voom. I could go on and on but I'm tired.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)