If you were buying your first KU band dish all over again...

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I've never even seen a Prime Star dish in person.

:what You poor deprived person!

Apprentice purchased a brand new ChannelMaster 84e from a company call IMPAKT Products but it did not include a lnbf. This might help you since you live in such a barren land! ;)

He mentions it in his "Craigs List Find" thread he started! Check it out!

Last edited:
At one time I had 14 pstar dish 84 & 1m that I collected within 40 mi radius of taldaygr. Pstar must have been big around here back then. Friends would complain about rain out on D /Dish and I would give them a dish to use with their lnb. Everyone of them are still being used that way still, I still have 2 1m in service, just give them fresh coat of paint every few years

The Glorystar Package (GOLD SPONSOR) is hard to beat for a starter system, has complete setup instructions for G19 @ 97W, but can be used for KU FTA.
HTH, POP

I couldn't seem to find shipping on their products. That seems to be what really makes a breaks these deals on these sites. Not quite sure why, because I would think that a dish of about the same size should be about the same to ship.
The lack of choices on the receivers kinda kills the package for me though. I'm sure for a starter system for receiving that one bird, it's a pretty good deal, but I'll shop around a bit more.
I was looking at the 1.2 meter dish on their site, but a review on here pointed out some flaws with the LNB mount that makes me slightly hesitant, coupled with possibly exorbitant shipping rates... I'll file it away as I make my final decision.

I've been debating between a 1-1.2 meter dish with a motor, and trying to find an alright elliptical. If I get a 1-1.2 meter, I can get almost every ku bird up there likely. I'll be annoyed as it switches between them though. I can always get another dish later though. :) So not too worried.

geekt said:
I couldn't seem to find shipping on their products. That seems to be what really makes a breaks these deals on these sites. Not quite sure why, because I would think that a dish of about the same size should be about the same to ship.
The lack of choices on the receivers kinda kills the package for me though. I'm sure for a starter system for receiving that one bird, it's a pretty good deal, but I'll shop around a bit more.
I was looking at the 1.2 meter dish on their site, but a review on here pointed out some flaws with the LNB mount that makes me slightly hesitant, coupled with possibly exorbitant shipping rates... I'll file it away as I make my final decision.

I've been debating between a 1-1.2 meter dish with a motor, and trying to find an alright elliptical. If I get a 1-1.2 meter, I can get almost every ku bird up there likely. I'll be annoyed as it switches between them though. I can always get another dish later though. :) So not too worried.

Sorry, but a shipping rate chart is not published. To find out the cost on a pending purchase, simply drop items in the shopping cart and view the cart. Shipping rates vary depending on items selected, delivery method and your location.

We are not aware of any LNBF clamp flaw on the GEOSATpro 1.2M dish. The op in the review had tightened the LNBF clamp and also had set the locking screw. A LNBF clamp should lock the LNBF into position when secured. Maybe another GEOSATpro 1.2 owner might see this thread and comment on the clamp design.

If you compare to competitor dishes, you will find that the GEOSATpro has a heavier gauge reflector and robust hardware, higher quality and thicker protective coatings / finish and unique fine tuning elevation adjustments.

We developed an oversized shipping container that provides excellent protection of your investment. Saving 20 or 30 bucks on shipping isn't worth receiving a damaged and compromised dish! I believe that the GEOSATpro 1.2M is the best quality dish distributed in it's category. You won't be disappointed with your purchase of a GEOSATpro.

Good luck as you build your system!

The Glorystar site is a little more sparce on details than the Satellite AV site that Brian replied from. Same company, different division. I was refering to a specific "package". Changing options does break away for the package, but is a fine way to go.

You can sometimes save on shipping by having the shipment come in to a commercial address. Some of the more friendly places I have found to do that are family furniture stores or wood stove shops. They usually have space and a loading dock..

I much prefer the SatAV site.

I was considering a Winegard 1 meter possibly. It seems to have good reviews. I've also found a few sites with fairly decent prices.
We'll see what I get when I get the system though. I think I'm fairly confident in what I want now though.
Well...besides a dish that I don't have to take down every time we get a Cat 5, and will still get signal while I'm hiding under the bed. :p I don't think I'm willing to invest in the carbon nanotube dish install yet though. :p

I agree with Free Dish - - - spend on receiver

If I was just getting started - - - I would try for a free dish and spend the money saved on a great receiver. Start with a fixed dish and learn on that fixed dish and then move towards a motor.

Most of my KU and C-Band dishes I have been given. DirectPC, DirecWAY, Channel Master and PrimeStar are all good choices as free dishes and there are still many out there to be had. Craigslist is your friend here or if you see an old KU or C-Band dish (stop, knock and ask politely). My hayloft is full of them. :up

As for receiver - - - most definitely MPEG4 is a must. AZBox or SatHawk would be great receivers to start with. Many signals moving toward S2 right now.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)