I'm KEEPING Voom!

devildogg

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 8, 2004
That's exactly what I told the D* rep that called me last night. I "Dumped" D* (dumped can be used for D or does it only apply to V) in March. Now they are trying to get me back. They will have to pry my Voom remote from my cold dead hand first. Voom works for me!

Regards!

A DirectTV local install person called me up and said that I had ordered a 3 room system, with Tivo for my house and they were scheduling the installation.

I laughed for like 30 minutes, I asked her if I had also "ordered" HD equipment and she got all happy and was like "I didn't know you wanted HD that's no problem" and started sputtering prices for boxes...

I said ok can DTV give me more than 38 channels of HD content without having to buy a million packs of channels that aren't active all year long like NBA and NFL ticket, and beat my current Voom pricing and installation.

She said "oh you already have Voom" and hung up.

Now it's kind of sad that the king of DBS has these local dealers calling up with fake installation requests I wanted to report them but my lady erased all the numbers off the CallerID.

rkr0923 said:
I don't have to beg, although they will being laughing

What? They will being laughing too if you talk like that to them??? :confused:

D* or E* were never an option since they offered, and continue to offer, so very little HD. I was a very unhappy Adelphia customer before finding VOOM and I am very happy with the experience so far - they have my loyalty! VooM has more HD than you can shake a stick at...or even a fist at every once in a while (damn that Mosquito Noise!!!). But hey, that's part of the VooM charm. Heck, even the broadcasters, who have been doing HD for 3+ years, and the Cable Companies are constantly screwing things up. A few of the problems here in my neck of the woods this past week:

- Ongoing sound problems with local ABC (encoder replaced)
- CBS lost power and were down for nearly 2 days
- Trained monkeys at another ABC stations can't remember to flip the HD/SD switch
- Local PBS crapped out for several days and had a number of ongoing issues
- WB disappeared for several days
- Cable Customers (Comcast, Cox, Adelphia) were reporting numerous issues with a number of HD locals and premiums channels

Anyway, I plan to keep VooM :)

I had an hd tv for a year and a half and had no hd channels until I got Voom. My installation went fine and on schedule and I am very happy with it. For about $4 more than my cable, I get virtually all the channels I was watching plus all of the hd channels with Voom. Since I got Voom I bought a front projector and now I enjoy hd on a 7' screen.
I will enjoy Voom for however long and lasts and worry about changing if and when it ends.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)