I'm Leaving

forum is here to express anyone's opinion. By the same token, should people stop posting why they signed up with their providers. Anyone is entitled to their opinions and whether we do not like it or agree with it, it is their right to post it or read it. Also, no one is forcing anyone to read it. Let's keep an open mind. There are legit reasons why people are leaving and each of us has a different reason.

The only reason I'm leaving Dish, is I have waited 2 years for the to bring me my locals in HD. They have been on Direct tv for over a year.

I have used both E* and D* (and cable but no HD here from them) and I just straight up like E* equipment better. I love the 722. Love being able to watch recorded shows from the living room while going to sleep in my bedroom. Sure D* and other cable companies have more HD (for NOW!), but E* will soon catch up... As for programming, we'll be even, but on the eq side, we'll have the upper hand... :D

Back to the original topic, tho... skottey, you are coming into a E* thread, bud. When you start pushing, the subs are gonna push ya right back. People don't like to think they are getting ripped off, so don't preach to them and tell them (myself included) they are... Personally, ya I agree with glens original post.

As for all the replies, keep the flames coming man, this is making a great thread. lol

Your "we need USA HD and Sci-FI HD" says a lot about your real feelings about Dish.

I have just as much right to come into the Dish thread as anybody else. I was a Dish subscriber myself. I never said I or anybody else was getting ripped off. I said Dish is going downhill and it is.

The only reason I'm leaving Dish, is I have waited 2 years for the to bring me my locals in HD. They have been on Direct tv for over a year.
That would be the tipping point for me. If D* offered my locals in HD, I'd jump. Most of what I watch is prime time HD stuff, and I can only record one of those per hour in my current setup (OTA only). And, I only have NBC and ABC that I can record because of being too far away from the CBS and FOX towers. We don't even have a CW affiliate locally here. The only way to get the CW is to either subscribe to the superstations package or go to cable where they do have a station. Fortunately though, I only have one show on the CW, so it's not a huge deal.

I do wish they'd add USA and Sci-Fi in HD soon though. I do watch shows on those channels, so I'd really like HD for them.

I personally would like to get an idea of customer loss due to HD competition from D.
I'd post the numbers in a heartbeat if I found them. And I can say right now, people will be shocked how low the numbers are. People don't jump ship near as often as you'd guess based on what's posted here. Of course, when D* and E* numbers are released and if it were to show a drop in E customers vs an increase in D customers, you'll have people who claim it's ALL HD related.

I'd post the numbers in a heartbeat if I found them. And I can say right now, people will be shocked how low the numbers are. People don't jump ship near as often as you'd guess based on what's posted here. Of course, when D* and E* numbers are released and if it were to show a drop in E customers vs an increase in D customers, you'll have people who claim it's ALL HD related.

Hall. I do agree the numbers would surprise us how low they are. At the same time providers are scrambling to find new bandwidth to feed the hd monster. Hd is where the money is. Providers know it.

I leaving.. No.. I'm staying.. No I'm swinging both ways.. :)

If you want it all then just get both. I love Dish's DVR. I love DirecTV's HD programming. I have 2 Vip 622's and 1 DirecTV HR20-700 and 1 DirecTV HR21-700. I miss nothing and I can enjoy VOOM on Dish and all the other HD on DirecTV. I don't see why anyone has to leave any time.. Just go with both services and enjoy it all..

You may be right. However there is another way to look at it. How many NEW customers is E* not gaining because of their offering compared to D*.

I heard yet another commercial on my drive in from D*. Same thing... mostly attacking the voom channels, while saying D* has the channels you actually want (and heard of).

I think with more and more people buying HDTV's, they then look at their service (mainly cable) and then decided they need a provider with a good HD offering. This is when they compare sat providers, and I suspect D* is largely winning that. With 2yr commitments D* is locking up many new HDTV owners for a while.

Why is it necessary for people that are leaving E to get on the forum and announce it? E will know soon enough. Is it because they want to seem superior to the rest of us in that they are leaving for greener pastures while the rest of us idiots are staying?

You want to leave, leave! Does it really matter to the rest of us that you are leaving for what ever reason? Not to me.

Been said before - don't let the door hit you in the butt.

I would not think that superior people would spend more money for the installation of new system just because they did not get 2 HD channel.

I would not think that superior people would spend more money for the installation of new system just because they did not get 2 HD channel.

Oh I don't know. A lot of big time BSG folks out there. For what it's worth, I have no problem with Skottie or anyone else posting that they are leaving any service and getting a different one. I like to hear the reasoning, even if I don't agree with it. What could possibly be wrong with hearing that side of the story. Those that post that they wdon't want to hear it anymore, I agree with Skottie on this one, there is something that is frustrating you. Why the hell would you possibly mind some one changing, and why would it bother you to hear why?

They have a lot of people jumping ship. They are way behind in shipping out equipment return boxes. I didn't leave to go to Direct. I left because BHN now offers all the HD that enticed me into getting Dish in the first place. I used to see some value in Dish for Voom channels such as MonstersHD, but they had gone way downhill, making it not worth an extra $100+ a month for a second service. The fact that Dish hasn't said much about new HD channel adds didn't make me want to stay any longer than I did. HD was the reason I left. Not the price increase. Not the poor customer service. Not the nickel and dime tactics like charging me $40 to use an external drive. It was all about the HD and no announcements of new HD to come other than locals.

Everyone has their opinion and their tolerance level for Dish and their failures. Some are die hard and will stay for years with no channel adds. Some will bail early. Some, like me, are bailing in between. I have hit my breaking point with Dish, so I left.

With people who never been with Sat, they dont know the Diff between the HR21 and VIP722. They know the commericals they're seen, heard, and read. They know the D* name as well. And if they do start comparing, having SciFi, USA, CNN, and FX on one provider and not the other will be a difference maker, not to mention the huge variance in local channels.

You're not going to get someone who's been with Cable for many years and convince them to put up an antenna.

I don't mind hearing from people who are leaving E*...just as long as they leave a little constructive criticism. I just ignore the ranting "I got screwed over by Charlie because he hates me" threads. Granted, he probably does hate you, but I find it hard to believe that Charlie Ergen doesn't love your money.;)

Another good reason to read the "Farewell" threads is to find good deals (i.e. free 19" HDTV or $200 Best Buy gift card for signing up with the FiOS Triple Play...Comcast $74.99 Triple Play for 12-months with Showtime, Starz, and HBO). As much as I many love a particular provider or HD DVR...it's hard to pass up a bargain.

Finally, I kinda enjoy hearing from various posters since I often wonder what happened to them when they subscribe to cable or FiOS and stop posting in this forum.

There is one benefit to these posts/threads:

They're fun to point out when the person(s) return after finding out that D* has faults (or E* has faults for those who leave D*).

I am sticking with Dish.....
(OK, so I cross my fingers each day when I look at Digi's uplink reports)
(And my cable up here sucks anyway, and I just don't like Direct)

As a company I find it hard to believe Dish can't see that by NOT giving us a hint of "what's to come" (specifically in HD) they lose customers to churn? I'm sure you will get the corporate policy of "we do not discuss current negotiations" crap, but I think they have to see it.

The other thing is the "average" consumer is swept up by the advertising, which I don't think anyone can deny that Direct kicks the crap out of Dish in this respect(even if Directs info isn't 100% true)

For now I stick with Dish, and just keep saying to myself......
COME ON DISH!!!!!!!

Let's be realistic here, if they do not match what Direct has in terms of HD, in the long run they will not make it. It just depends on how long it takes.....

Patiently waiting,
TRSmudge

I dont think it matters what cable or satallite company who we are with we will always find something to complain about.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)