Important notice about your DISH account

Still no BB@H e-mail. Then again, Comcast summarily zaps a whole lot of e-mails even if you have spam filtering disabled (as I do). The horrific downside of this effort to reduce their overall e-mail processing load is that the emails aren't recoverable.:rant:

Know what?

I didn't get it!

Maybe because I am a Dish employee, they figured I'd read it at work (I did). I have no numbers to support it, but it feels like there's been a lot of fraud this summer. As everyone has stated, it seems to target international customers. I know Dish has closed some loopholes in regard to accessing someone's online account, it's harder to get in now, and I also know there has been additional training and some changes in how accounts are handled when a customer (or someone pretending to be them) calls in.

Stating the obvious: Dish makes very few outbound calls. When in doubt, call us back.

Great advice!

Still no BB@H e-mail. Then again, Comcast summarily zaps a whole lot of e-mails even if you have spam filtering disabled (as I do). The horrific downside of this effort to reduce their overall e-mail processing load is that the emails aren't recoverable.:rant:
You should use a Yahoo or Gmail account. Then, Comcast doesn't enter the picture, other than as your ISP.

I have Comcast HSI at home. And, the only time I've used that email address is to log into my account.

I keep getting calls from 866-668-8047, lookup online says people were getting told it's Dish collections. I wonder if this isnt a scam.

I keep getting calls from 866-668-8047, lookup online says people were getting told it's Dish collections. I wonder if this isnt a scam.

That is an official DISH number. If you don't trust it, you can always call 800-333-DISH to see what they want.

I guess Ill answer. I know the account isnt past due, I have auto pay and look at my account often online.

What am I looking at with Dish police, never kept up with that one? I have two Hoppers connected to the internet at all times, and one Joey that is only connected on weekends during fball season.

I guess Ill answer. I know the account isnt past due, I have auto pay and look at my account often online.

What am I looking at with Dish police, never kept up with that one? I have two Hoppers connected to the internet at all times, and one Joey that is only connected on weekends during fball season.

I don't think it is the Dish police,they usually call from the main dish number.They may be calling to offer you a promo.

There is a possibility that it is a scammer using a spoofed number to make it look like Dish collections/audit.

I don't think it is the Dish police,they usually call from the main dish number.They may be calling to offer you a promo.

The 866 number showed up when the Audit Nazis called here.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)