Important: Your Feedback Needed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great job,... a few suggestions.....

Add a "Best IPhone Apps" sticky and "New and Notable IPhone Apps" sticky to the phone section. Ditto for the Blackberry, Google, and Palm folks.

Add some more links for the newbies (user guides, troubleshooting, etc.)

Leaving out the WinMo folks too eh? ;) :rant:

Don't change a thing, this site is perfect.

Scott this site is great as it is. I dont mind the ads so much, sometimes i dont even login in to read all the wonderfull info this site has. I guess you are a little bit of a perfeccionist. Keep the good work.:)

hmmm I guess I'll have to be the one who's contrary. I understand the need for the ads for revenue, but I think you may be driving people away with them for guests.
I have the site set to remember me and log me in automatically. home page usually loads fairly quickly, but on my wife's machine where I come in as a guest, it will peg the CPU at 100% and the site takes a LONG time to load.
I am building a new laptop at work. sitting right next to the PC on which I am typing now, very high speed connection. the home page still has not loaded.
oops. there, it just finished.. I would put the home page load at minimally 4 minutes. for people just browsing or looking around, how many are going to wait that long for the page to load before just going "screw it" and going someplace else?
don't get me wrong, I like the site, spend way too much time here. but you might consider at least paring down the ads on the home page.
(btw: on the laptop it sat at loading adify_sky.html for the majority of those 4 minutes)

I suspect you have other issues that are delaying page loads. I can enter the site as a guest on a public library computer, and it is slower, but no where near 4 minutes to load.

Thanks for the report, I will check and see if adify (thats an ad agency) is having issues.

The page should load in seconds... not minutes. That is not acceptable at all.

I finally decided to become a pub member yesterday because of all the great info here on the site. I tend to like what is already here, so any improvements that benefit all of us would be welcomed.

nope.. this laptop is a fresh brand new build.. there may be other network issues between here & there, but it's not the machine.
I just cleared the cache and hit the home page again. took maybe 2 minutes before the page displayed anything.. but at the bottom of the screen I could see all of the calls to the banner/ad sites as it waited to load them. doubleclick sat for a while as did a few others.
also, my wife's machine does this only on satguys, no other site.
scott: PM me if you would like further info on what I'm seeing

Dunn, I have checked the site from 3 seperate ISP's and am not seeing the issue.

In addition the ads on the homepage are loaded in iframes, so the loading of the actual SatelliteGuys content should load even without the ads.

This means even if an ad didnt load or was slow the rest of the page would still draw. (Which is why I use iframes on that page.) :)

Leaving out the WinMo folks too eh? ;) :rant:

Apologies, add them as well....

Assuming your phones stop crashing enough for you to actually load the apps.

OK, that was mean. But my wife had a Samsung Blackjack and she was ready to use it for skeet shooting at the end before she went to the Blackberry Bold....

No, there's a MAP for that.

iDon't ;) Excellent ad that I happen to see last night.

Apologies, add them as well....

Assuming your phones stop crashing enough for you to actually load the apps.

OK, that was mean. But my wife had a Samsung Blackjack and she was ready to use it for skeet shooting at the end before she went to the Blackberry Bold....

And that's why I refer to Samsung as Samsuck. I've got a start menu chock full of apps with no issues... I can even run 10-15 of them at the same time ;)

Love the idon't ads....

Absolutely flabbergasted that Verizon is behind them. I was under the impression that Verizon was THIS close to cracking AT&T's stranglehold on the iPhone in the US by carrying the IPhone when the exclusivity agreement expires in 2010. I guess those talks with Apple are not faring well if they have publicly bitch slapped Apple like this.

Oh, and Apple shouldn't whine.... they've been doing the same thing with the Justin Long PC ads for years. I fully agree with all of the digs in the commercial. The lack of battery swapping and the lack of a physical keyboard almost put me off getting one, but my office uses AT&T so I had no choice as AT&T and Palm are on the outs now and I hate BlackBerries....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts