Important: Your Feedback Needed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I ordered it the day the offer was made available. Although I am in no rush to move to it

I got to admit I am not that impressed with what I have seen so far from vb4.

But I feel we will moveto it and the sale price was better then paying full price for it later. :)

100% CPU Usage

. . . but on my wife's machine where I come in as a guest, it will peg the CPU at 100% and the site takes a LONG time to load.

I just want to mention that I have the same problem.

I understand the need for ads, but I have a couple of older machines that just STOP if I try to view this site. If I am using one of these machines I switch to the PDA mode, but I don't think that is a good solution for either of us.

Could something be done so that those of us who are using say an older celeron based laptop with only 512MB of memory still view the site in the regular (i.e. non-PDA) format?

If you getting 100% CPU usuage it means that you have an old version of the Flash player. Some of the syndicated ads use Flash and with older Flash players can cause this issue.

Could something be done so that those of us who are using say an older celeron based laptop with only 512MB of memory still view the site in the regular (i.e. non-PDA) format?
Nothing that's going to give a big win. You can get some relief by turning off avatars.

What can be done: Upgrade your machine

A. More RAM
B. Faster hard drive
C. More efficient operating system (*nix)

The problem for those on dialup cannot be addressed without others having to sacrifice outside of using the PDA mode. Realistically, dialup is no longer an option for daily Internet browsing.

If you getting 100% CPU usuage it means that you have an old version of the Flash player. Some of the syndicated ads use Flash and with older Flash players can cause this issue.

I've seen this too with older versions of adobe.. what I use to do is optionally turn off adobe on those machings.. in IE goto tool, manage add-ons, enable/disable addons, find anything adobe and disable it.. poof, no flash.. :)

also, you can turn off the 6 billion toolbars from there as well... ;)

Upgrade?

What can be done: Upgrade your machine

I can't . . .got to save up for new sat equipment.

Also I have the latest Flash Player and I am not using dialup.

Although I can't watch hulu using this computer I can read most websites, it even loads CNN reasonably well (just can't watch the videos without waiting forever).

All I am trying to say is that if you have ads that just bring an older machine to a standstill some people will just not bother with the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts