Important: Your Feedback Needed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Leaving out the WinMo folks too eh? ;) :rant:
Let us know when Microsoft decides what (or possibly if) WinMo is. At its best it represents hope for significant improvement. At its worst, it is entirely possible that Microsoft will give up in disgrace. The longer it goes without the usable release of V7 the closer it moves to the latter.

Ok time for the bottom line.

1. I like to figure out a way of addressing customer concerns. Still like to see some ideas how the site can work towards helping customers with there issues with the two sides of american satellite.

2. Dish Net agents / supervisors anyone out there come on if I can do it you can do it too.

3. which ties in to #2 I like to see both companies offer offical support on the site ( wishful dream list ) Just so it does not like the site would be taken over by corporate weenies if one company was heare and it kind of dominated the site it is a fear i dont need another dbstalk.com around here.

4. Convience Dish network to bring back the 7200 as an buggy mpeg 4 reciver I miss the jenny code

5. Steal us a Directv tivo from ces

6. take a trip to sea launch with pictures. lots and lots of pictures. and video I always wanted to see more of the inner workings

7. Well i really dont have a 7 so I just stop here.

Important: Your Feedback Needed

Well hi there Scott, I am rather new to the site, and from what I have seen here as to what you and your staff has and continues to accomplished, it simply a great site.
I know from experience how hard it is to "keep a tight ship". nowadays with the amount of spam, and (pardon my language here), little or big snot nosers with nothing better to do than to complain and whine about every little detail of how this bo:mad:reciever) works, or "how bad that box is", and, "I have read the manual, but can't get it to scan", or, "I dont have any picture on my screen", no matter how you help certain indiviuals they really just want to be spoon fed, and in some cases expect everything in the world to be "plug and use" let alone play.
What you and your team does for a simple member, like myself to be able to scan the different forums and actually enjoy it, says alot of just how much of a "tight ship" you run. I thoroughly enjoy coming to this site because of the lack of the garbage I see in these forums, When a person does actually need some help, I see both yourself, and the members from this site actually helping out, not dropping silly arse insulting comments.
You don't know how refreshing this is too see. Because of my physicallities I am pretty much stuck at home. When I come across a site(which is a rarity today) such as this, it is so refreshing to see some good old fasion courtesy's occuring. Members helping members in a possitive constuctive manner. geeee what a concept.:)
I know at times I might sound a bit contriversial, but for the most part I try to cover both sides of the fence so to speak in my posts, which here I have only made a few,as of yet, but I still havent had any warnings, so they can't be all that bad. lol
If you think that you need to improve on what I will refer to as a darn near perfect site, then so be it. I look forward too it.
As soon as I can I will be becoming a pub member, to do my best at supporting this site,Heck if I had it just kicking about, I'd send the site a 100.00 bucks, as I am sure it would be put too good use, not just shoved into some greedy persons pocket.), and I will do my very best to contribute in a possitive constuctive manner where ever I can, (hard too do with so many good members lol)
I am a helper by nature and very much enjoy helping others, as it is a way for me too give back to the(fta) community, I enjoy helping anyone out if I can. be it directing them to a certain post, or at the very least pointing them in the right direction.
All I can add further, is keep on keeping on. You and your team are doing it right, right from the start, keep it up. and thank-you for keeping a "tight ship" it's a truly breath of fresh air .:up:up:up

Last edited:
Keep up the good work Scott.

Please don't forget but some us out here still use dial up in this modern time (after all I'm a SatelliteGuy). :) No cable for me and DSL doesn't run out here. If it wasn't for PDA mode some pages would never load. Please keep that in the plan.

Thanks

Ok we could settle on bringing Primestar back from the dead?? :D :D

I was trying to get primestar.com from D* a while back, but they wouldn't let me have it. The domain sold for over 3,000 so I was officially out of the running. I would like to turn it into a site glorifying the primestar days, consider it like the primestar museum.

By far, the best satellite technology site on the internet... Satelliteguys.US is a wealth of information! I can't think of any way it can be improved, but I'm sure some new ideas will be implemented that will make it even better. Thanks Scott!

I don't necessarily stop here everyday. My post count is low as I'm not "into" this stuff to the degree that many here are. I'm a Dish customer.

Having said that, I do not find the ads here to be a problem at all. What I hate are pop up ads and the internet as a whole has virtually abandoned them. I would fully support more ads if that is what you need to keep the site going and at the same level of quality.

As far as your GOLD sponsors and your feelings towards keeping them in an exclusive club based on service, etc., that's admirable. But I see a lot of free real estate up there at the top of the page. I see no reason why there couldn't be more advertisers up there with a delineated area for GOLD sponsors.

I don't mind the type of passive ads you have at the site. I do have issues with both pop up ads and the type that start talking to you when you mouse over them. I really hate those. Do what you need to do to keep the site going.

Our hardware is fine. :)

I am however thinking about moving our static image files to Amazon S3 Cloud servers, which would boost up our speed greatly. ;)

I started using S3 for backups. The whole fee list is a bit daunting at first, but it actually does not add up that much, a lot of stuff bills in thousandths of a cent. Of course I do not have thousands of users banging away at it either.

I wish I could set filters or select sections for the things that I want to see in the recent threads section on the right. With more and more areas on teh BBS there are less and less threads or posts in the recent threads that catch my interest. I find it intersting to look through the new or other areas that are not my main interest but only when I have time. When I want to take a quick pulse of what is going on I would like to see the recent posts be more usefull to me. Thanks for listening and considering sugestions from users.

The information I have learned here over the years is immense. Thank you and all the members who have helped. I think you have an outstanding site and great information. I am just glad I found this place 5 years ago.

Keep up the great work! :clap:clap

Is the next software package vBulletin 4? I know they're supposed to have a complete publishing package with all the bells and whistles, but so far they hadn't had a version accessible to the public to play with as in the past.

Is the next software package vBulletin 4? I know they're supposed to have a complete publishing package with all the bells and whistles, but so far they hadn't had a version accessible to the public to play with as in the past.

Yup! I "blind ordered" it for my own forum, because it was a once-in-a-lifetime special upgrade price they are offering until the end of next week.

It is odd that so far there is no demo Vb4 forum to check out at this point.

Scott, you are the man and to think that when this all started, everyone thought you were nuts and said "Why would we want to leave <the other> place?" :D

As you might know November and February is when most of our major bills for running this site are due, so I am really trying to get earnings up without adding more ads. /QUOTE]

No, I didn't know, but I appreciate the information. I've gotten a lot out of this site; I log in probably twice a day for news. I, too, have just joined as a Pub member.

Thanks so much for all your hard work!

I just went to vBulletin Community Forum and they got a beta of vB4 live now. Actually they did it a couple of days ago...

Yup! I "blind ordered" it for my own forum, because it was a once-in-a-lifetime special upgrade price they are offering until the end of next week.

It is odd that so far there is no demo Vb4 forum to check out at this point.

Scott, you are the man and to think that when this all started, everyone thought you were nuts and said "Why would we want to leave <the other> place?" :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)