install again.... need pointing advice

Status
Please reply by conversation.

gopher2

SatelliteGuys Family
Mar 15, 2005
i got a perfectly plum pole installed in detroit
i also got a sg2100 and a 90cm offest dist to install

from what i remembered there was a true south bird at 83 somethin degrees (AMC 9?)

now what do i do first
set the e/w poition of the motor on the pole?
set the elevation on the pivioting motor mount?
or set the elevation on the dish?

sorry guys i feel like such a newbie again....
dave

Set the Motor "Latitude" Scale to your Lat. 42.3, so between 42 and 43.
Twist the Motor Mount on the Pole to 187.3, 187 - 188 using Compass, only snug mounting bolts.
Mount Dish, set Dish elevation to 23.
Install LNB, no Skew.
If the motor have never been used, I wouldn't even connect the wires to it, if you look at it's scale, it should be at Zero. Connect directly from LNB to receiver.

Depending on the receiver, AMC 9 may not be in the Sat List. No biggie, you can add it or pick an unused Sat. If motor is not at Zero, use receiver to "Go to Reference" or "Go to Zero"
Transponder I would use is:
12160 H 30000, it's a Data TP, so no channels, but the signal is strong.

If at all possible, have a TV and receiver at the Dish.

In the receiver's setup menu, if necessary, enter the proper LNB and Switch settings.
Select or Enter the TP info: 12160 H 30000
Slowly twist the Motor East and West watching for the Quality Meter to Light Up. If nothing, raise the Dish Elevation 1 degree are repeat East and West.

Which receiver and LNB are you using?

my rx is a pansat 2500 and my lnb is a invacom SNH-031
i thought i had a lock on amc9 but i did a blind scan and im getting scrambled channels i think its the canadian dbs bird...

i just put a order in for a DG380 motor and a 1.2M satelite AV dish... these 2 should bolt right up with out aa adapters right?

There is a Bell Sat at 82, so you may be close.

i just put a order in for a DG380 motor and a 1.2M satelite AV dish... these 2 should bolt right up with out aa adapters right?
I'd call and ask first.

i just put a order in for a DG380 motor and a 1.2M satelite AV dish... these 2 should bolt right up with out adapters right?

Gopher,

Yes, the GeoSatPro 1.2M dish will fit on the motor tube of the DG-380 just fine.

The dish requires a 45 - 75 mm (1.75 - 3") mast and the DG-380 has a 55 mm tube (~2 1/8"), so it is going to fit fine.

RADAR

can anyone confirm 12160 H 30000 on AMC 9 is still alive and kickin?
thanks for all the help so far guys, appreciate it.

thanks i finally got it.
blind scanning now! sooo slow
definitely need new receiver

considering the fortec star dynamic, just gonna save some cash...
thnks

dave

That 2500 is thorough but SLOW On blind scan. I have the 1500 and good lord its slow when I scan C-Band

well i got the dish/sg2100 installed on a piece of 2" electrical conduit cemented in the ground.
howwever im thinking when my big 1.2m dish and dg380 come it would be better to rip that emt out and cement a 3" iron pipe. does that sound like overkill?

ok im gonna stick with the 2"
thanks to everyone
when i get the new hardware i put up some pics
dave

Status
Please reply by conversation.

hispasat1c@30west

Montana PBS is still fund raising

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts