install of servo motor

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dennis12

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 29, 2004
I had to replace my servo motor. I put the new one on the way the screws were line up. but when I go to my openbox s9 receiver I can only see either horizontal or vertical signals depending if the satellite is on an odd or even channel. I have messed with the skew but have been only able to get one satellite showing both polorities. What do I need to do to fix this. Do I need to adjust the servo motor somehow. Dennis

Leme guess, You're using an analog receiver to operate the servo, and have the openbox connected to the LNB, You put the analog receiver on an odd channel, only one polarity comes in on the Openbox. >> Do I need to adjust the servo motor somehow. << Change the analog receiver to an even channel, the other polarity comes in. That's normal. You shouldn't get both polarities unless you change the analog to odd for one polarity, even for the other.

I am using a motorola 4dtv receiver to move the dish and to put the channel on an odd or even channel. I dont recalled having to do this before to receive both polorities on the same satellite. Dennis

Dennis, it must've been set up that way, else you won't get both polarities unless there's an lnbf on the dish. If you're still using the 4Dtv I'd first make sure that it is working properly with both polarities. You can find channels or transponders you know the polarity of, and switch back and forth. If it's switching and you still don't get both-you might have to take the polarotor motor back off and adjust the probe. Have somebody stand by the dish and switch polarities, see if they hear it whirrr when it switches.

I get both the vertical and horizontal signals on a satelite , I just dont remenber having to go back and switch from odd and even channels on my motorloa for all the signals to come in on my open box. Dennis

I get both the vertical and horizontal signals on a satelite , I just dont remenber having to go back and switch from odd and even channels on my motorloa for all the signals to come in on my open box. Dennis

If your setup was the same before (Motorola/Openbox/servo-controlled feed) as it is now you must have been switching polarity with your Motorola, that is the only way it could have worked.

I do the same on one of my BUDs, I switch polarity on the Polarotor with an old analog Toshiba IRD and then I can get either horizontal or vertical on my Openbox.

An Openbox will switch the polarity on a voltage-controlled LNBF but it will not operate a servo motor.

I was only recently using the openbox. I used a pansat9200 hd before it died a couple of weeks ago. Dennis

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts