installed my S2 blind scan board!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

truckracer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 17, 2004
Charleston wv
The new dvb s2 plus board released by pansat for the 9200HD is amazing.
it works quite well. I am scanning now. It does take a little longer for the receiver to scan both regular dvb and s2. I did notice that it shows all s2 channels as "qpsk" but what the heck...who cares...finally pansat has came through on this one.

Yes, if you choose "s2" it will scan in both regular dvb and s2 or if you choose "dvb" it will just scan as usual dvb only. scanning is slower now with the s2 option but i am not complaining. the s2 blind scan is quite an innovation at this point for s2 fta boxes.

For the S2 signals does it really require larger dishes? Right now I have a 90CM and 110CM KU band dish, which if I understand correctly, should do reasonably well for S2 reception. My C Band dish on the other hand is only 6 foot and I am beginning to think its no longer worth having around, esp if you folks think the trend is to move to S2 signals.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

My C Band dish on the other hand is only 6 foot and I am beginning to think its no longer worth having around, esp if you folks think the trend is to move to S2 signals.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Ditto

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)