Installing LNB's on Primestar and Vsat KU dishes

ThisBUDs4U

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 20, 2015
Rome, Pa
I've made 6 acquisitions since the 2 Prodelins a few yrs ago, n I'm not sure how 2 go abt using the FTA LNB's since I'm not finding any that will mate 2 the 4-bolt or 6-bolt feedhorns. I was able 2 decase a DTV single LNB, discovered that the throat can b clamped in the LNB holder on the Channel Master 1.2m Vsat dish. I went looking 4 Galaxy 19 w/ it today, I got nothing, IDK if I couldn't align L & R w/ H & V no matter how I skewed it, the LNB was operating, the freq. r out of tune, or if I need 2 b using that feedhorn. Now that is a 6-bolt feedhorn. The 3 1m Primestar dishes, n these other 2, theyre 1m solid aluminum fixed azimuth meant 2 sit flat on a rooftop, I can only use the feedhorns in the LNB holders, n all 5 have 4-bolt feedhorns.

The rx'er I was using today is a Sony SAT-B2, if that makes any difference.

Put aside all original feedhorns and install simple LNBF (feedhorn integrated). Much simpler solution.
OK so I should b able 2 use these collars.

20210920_185719.jpg20210920_185735.jpg20210920_185748.jpg20210920_185827.jpg

Reactions: c-spand
You can use original collar on your Channel Master antenna (picture #2) as it can 40mm LNB. On the rest of the antennas you better rework the LNB-holders.
It looks like I can change out the the LNB brackets on the all-metal 1's. Idk how 2 navigate the other 2, they're kinda odd.

I use orignial feed horns and inverto LNBs (voltage switched polarity), seem to work ok. Just make sure you have the right matching waveguide flange on each.

Reactions: ken2400

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 5)