Installing LNB's on Primestar and Vsat KU dishes

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ThisBUDs4U

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 20, 2015
Rome, Pa
I've made 6 acquisitions since the 2 Prodelins a few yrs ago, n I'm not sure how 2 go abt using the FTA LNB's since I'm not finding any that will mate 2 the 4-bolt or 6-bolt feedhorns. I was able 2 decase a DTV single LNB, discovered that the throat can b clamped in the LNB holder on the Channel Master 1.2m Vsat dish. I went looking 4 Galaxy 19 w/ it today, I got nothing, IDK if I couldn't align L & R w/ H & V no matter how I skewed it, the LNB was operating, the freq. r out of tune, or if I need 2 b using that feedhorn. Now that is a 6-bolt feedhorn. The 3 1m Primestar dishes, n these other 2, theyre 1m solid aluminum fixed azimuth meant 2 sit flat on a rooftop, I can only use the feedhorns in the LNB holders, n all 5 have 4-bolt feedhorns.

The rx'er I was using today is a Sony SAT-B2, if that makes any difference.

Put aside all original feedhorns and install simple LNBF (feedhorn integrated). Much simpler solution.
OK so I should b able 2 use these collars.

20210920_185719.jpg20210920_185735.jpg20210920_185748.jpg20210920_185827.jpg

Reactions: c-spand
You can use original collar on your Channel Master antenna (picture #2) as it can 40mm LNB. On the rest of the antennas you better rework the LNB-holders.
It looks like I can change out the the LNB brackets on the all-metal 1's. Idk how 2 navigate the other 2, they're kinda odd.

I use orignial feed horns and inverto LNBs (voltage switched polarity), seem to work ok. Just make sure you have the right matching waveguide flange on each.

Reactions: ken2400

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 5)