Intelsat 9 at 58.0°W - Receivable in MN?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

ikki

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jan 22, 2009
Minnesota
Is Intelsat 9 at 58.0°W receivable in MN using a 6 Foot C Band Dish?

Specifically 3840 H - 3880 H - 4040 H?

ikki

Here is what I can tell you. From thelist that update was done by me and my 6 footer so they were picked up (date was 9/7)

I can verify that 4040 H comes in great. I watched NHK for a while that day.

Let me run some numbers tomorrow on my 6 footer and Pansat. DO you just need those 3 TP's?

Ya those three are all I need. I thank you greatly.

I have to make some decisions really quick before the snow starts flying. I saw a 10 footer on Craig's List near Minnetonka and I may make the jump to pick it up.

at least you guys can get to 58w with cband. Best I can do is 58w Ku.
My floor mount CBAND dish wont even get close to it at all

yeah it is nice i did see that hes looking at a 10 footer on Craig's List that why i posted on a 10 footer. thought this fourm is to pass info not be Nitpicky.:rant:

thats nice but the OP asked about a 6 footer. There are some things that a 10 footer will get that a 6 footer won't ;)

Ya those three are all I need. I thank you greatly.

I have to make some decisions really quick before the snow starts flying. I saw a 10 footer on Craig's List near Minnetonka and I may make the jump to pick it up.

58W has plenty of level. I get tons of margin on all FTA transponders with a 6' near Denver (farther south, but west). Of course my bigger dishes get even more margin.

ikki

Here is what I came up with about 1/2 hour ago

NHK (4040H) 90 quality on the Pansat 1500. They are at 1/2 FEC so no issues there...on Pansat threshold is 30 for 3/4 FEC and 20 for 1/2 FEC
CCTV (3880H) was at 45-50 quality. They're at 7/8 FEC so there were some freezing spots but rare which makes me think they're not at 7/8 FEC...maybe 5/6. Way better than when Equity was on 95W and I needed a 70 quality for stable
3840 H I had issues with....again 45-50 but tons of pixeling which makes me think that they are definitelly at 7/8 FEC

I think if I tweaked it more I wouldnt have issues. Also there is a tree that might hinder a little reception.

Thanks every one for replying.

I swung the 6 footer that direction and even with a large pine in the way I am able to get NHK with no breakups on the Pansat 9200HD with 10% Q (Which surprises me.)

I don't want to hijack the thread . . .

I got NHK World on a 31" Dish before with almost zero breakup :)

. . . so, could someone point me to a thread that discusses getting c-band reception using a small (1m) dish?

When I do a search on this topic it seems that people say it can't be done but the above comment suggest that you can receive c-band with a small dish.

Last edited:
. . . so, could someone point me to a thread that discusses getting c-band reception using a small (1m) dish?

When I do a search on this topic it seems that people say it can't be done but the above comment suggest that you can receive c-band with a small dish.

Search Mini-Bud. Lots of posts. GL, Eric

Tamuin,

Welcome!

Do a bit of searching for miniBUD or Primestar and you'll find quite a bit. So you know, I'd never recommend setting up a 31" dish to watch any C-Band reliably, it's just something fun to try for experimenting.

But a meter dish will likely pop up a few feeds and really strong signals. Your mileage may vary, but you may end up with a some things you didn't expect.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)