Introducing Amiko A3

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Since the A3 will also replace my WD Live Hub, I intend to pop out the WD 1TB drive in it and use it in the A3. :)

I ordered a few extra cartons , but only have a few left A3 units left to last a few months until the next manufacturing and shipment in Oct/Nov. No preorder pricing now that the product has landed and ready to ship. Sorry, but the special discount was for the early birds. Think most NA resellers are selling the units at MSRP, $249.

Reactions: dougruss
I’m really glad that I got in on the earlybird deal.. Saving money is good. Always good.
Getting the tuner early, even better.. :D

Can’t wait !! :cheer:yessign:cheer

Reactions: Titanium
Mine is coming also, I have a question, Is there a electronic PDF user manual somewhere?
Please let us know.
Regards.
Tunder

It's an Amiko, so I'd say probably no written manual. However there might be a video manual out there (that's how I think he typically does these), but it's so new that Joe might not have finished one as of yet.

Yeah, they are probably legit, BUT, they aren't running the same NA firmware ours will be running. I'm sure you wouldn't be able to import one and load our firmware either, as that's likely to be fixed in some way.

I just saw these listed on eBay. I'm not buying one from there but are they legit units? and

European dealers are not allowed to sell Amiko in the Americas, New Zealand and Australia. Their units can't load NA or NZ/AU satellite lists and don't have the features that are in our units. You'd be SOL for warranty and support as well since we don't do anything for Europe units.

It's an Amiko, so I'd say probably no written manual. However there might be a video manual out there (that's how I think he typically does these), but it's so new that Joe might not have finished one as of yet.

There is a "quick start" guide with them. It's ok but really doesn't give you a clue all what is going on with the box. There is a video I put up awhile ago and a bunch of PDF guides will be up this weekend, likely Sunday as we've got our hands full just testing A3's and getting them out the door. There will be a dedicated guides page at www.Amiko-A3.us

European dealers are not allowed to sell Amiko in the Americas, New Zealand and Australia. Their units can't load NA or NZ/AU satellite lists and don't have the features that are in our units. You'd be SOL for warranty and support as well since we don't do anything for Europe units.
Somebody better tell those two sellers that because they are both offering sales and shipping to the United States?o_O

Somebody better tell those two sellers that because they are both offering sales and shipping to the United States?o_O

Ebay forces that on sellers with their new "Global Shipping Program". IF a buyer in the US buys one, the dealer ships it to one of Ebays global shippers, and the shipper deals with the Customs docs and such as needed to get it here, Vice-versa if it's going from the US to another country.

Reactions: T134
One of those sellers ships worldwide (including the US). The other is offering shipping ONLY TO THE UNITED STATES. They are both on ebay.com (US site). It's pretty clear these sellers are expecting a US BUYER to purchase one. If european dealers are not allowed to sell to the US and their firmware is not designed to work here, then this is a problem that needs to be addressed. I know most that visit Satellite Guys would steer clear but would hate to see someone bite and get burned.

Reactions: T134
I'll deal with it with Europe on Monday. Might be a bit hard to trace down as many on fleabay dont use their real company names and these guys could just be dealers rather than distributors. I do agree with the comments about worldwide shipping and fleabay. Many just tick the box or whatever and it will list as shipping to anywhere.

I'll also have fleabay shut both of these down for DMCA...the wording and descriptions are copied from my sites without permission. Wow one of them even took our pictures, you can see the Amiko-A3.us watermark!

Authorized A3's for the Americas only come from dealers listed here: http://www.amiko-a3.us/?page_id=32

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)