Introducing Amiko A3

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Well I hope nobody gives the rom or app pak to people that buy a3's from those folks.

I know for sure 2 places will have extra A3's if u did not preorder.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I'll deal with it with Europe on Monday. Might be a bit hard to trace down as many on fleabay dont use their real company names and these guys could just be dealers rather than distributors. I do agree with the comments about worldwide shipping and fleabay. Many just tick the box or whatever and it will list as shipping to anywhere.

I'll also have fleabay shut both of these down for DMCA...the wording and descriptions are copied from my sites without permission. Wow one of them even took our pictures, you can see the Amiko-A3.us watermark!

Authorized A3's for the Americas only come from dealers listed here: http://www.amiko-a3.us/?page_id=32
Thanks T134!:)

Our stuff will NOT load to an EU box and no one has access to the raw content except here. Amiko doesn't even have the "Americas" package and security stuff. Only the "Americas" boxes can run our setup.

It will get dealt with. I don't want some unsuspecting person getting a box that just won't do much here.

Well I hope nobody gives the rom or app pak to people that buy a3's from those folks.

I know for sure 2 places will have extra A3's if u did not preorder.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Reactions: dougruss
I see that my A3 is in transit.

Screen Shot 2014-08-17 at 5.47.26 PM.png

I’m assuming it will be here sometime this week coming.

My question is, will there be an A3 support forum created like there was/is for the MicroHD?

I’ve seen several mentions that there won’t be a manual.

One concern I have is that the thing is an Android device. I know ZERO-ZIP about Android, I’ve been using Apple for several years and know it fairly well.

In anticipation for having this new gadget I bought an Android tablet which I have no idea in the world how to use.
It’s completely different in every way from what I know how to use.

Anyway, since the A3 is Android it’s going to be a problem for me getting started. I haven’t figured out that silly little tablet yet and I expect the A3 will be pretty much the same, plus it will have the satellite stuff and the xbox thing. I’ll admit right up front, I’m totally ignorant of Android and a good bit put off and frightened by it.

T134,

As a Canadian hoping to order an A3 from RPS, I am a little concerned to see that he is not listed in your list of official dealers. Can you clarify, please?

T134,

As a Canadian hoping to order an A3 from RPS, I am a little concerned to see that he is not listed in your list of official dealers. Can you clarify, please?

RPS website is http://rpssat.com/

Their site has been having problems for a long time. I approved them as an Authorized Retailer a long time ago but it is hard to list them without the website or somewhere to point people to that is operational. They are supposed to contact me when they have something up so I can get them listed on one or both Amiko NA sites.

Ok, I figured out how to get the Spark2 app onto my little tablet but it’s full of Chinese characters and I can’t find anyway to rename it or change it’s language settings. Some of the app is in English, some of it is in Chinese. I think. I can’t read it, it’s gibberish to me. Is there a way to change it or is there an all English version available?

My little tablet came with a BUNCH of Chinese apps preinstalled and apparently you can not remove them, ever. That freaks me out, I trust ~nothing~ from over there.
I have set the system language on my tablet to English.

Wait, never mind. I found it on google play, appears to be similar or the same but in all English. Is this going to be ok or is there a special version modified for the A3?

Wait, nope, I was wrong. It’s the same as from the Amiko page.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-08-17-23-31-31.png
    Screenshot_2014-08-17-23-31-31.png
    22 KB · Views: 134
Wait, never mind. I found it on google play, appears to be similar or the same but in all English. Is this going to be ok or is there a special version modified for the A3?

Wait, nope, I was wrong. It’s the same as from the Amiko page.

Dee, have you considered emailing the Chinese dealer you got this from and asking if they know how to change this to English? I've dealt with PandaWill before, and even though there's a bit of a language barrier, they are very helpful. Or perhaps if you Google around you might find a forum where somebody has already figured it all out. If Google doesn't know, NOBODY knows, lol.

The Spark2 App is technically still for testing/beta. I haven't sent them many notes as I haven't used it very much. The App itself really won't do anything until you have an A3 on your network. When that happens it will find it and you'll see lots of stuff in English.

Also the Spark2 App link at the Amiko-A3 site is to the Google Play page, so there is zero difference.

Reactions: Dee_Ann
Ah ok. So I guess there’s just nothing I can do just yet with it. I’ll just sit on my hands for a few more days and try to practice being patient. HA! :crowdbounce Right!

I guess maybe I should contact the tablet people, it looks like it was intended for sale and use in China, it has a lot of baked in Chinese apps that I can not remove no matter how hard I try.

I would like to reload it with a fresh, clean operating system that is not full of Chinese spy/malware.

As I recall when the Spark2 App first went up for testing a few people gave it one star because it would not do anything with their Spark1 boxes. Guess they missed the part about needing Spark2 lol.

Yes, App is worthless without the A3 since it won't do a thing or show you the interfaces until it links up. After that things light up like a Christmas tree.

For your tablet I'd suggest a new thread for detailed help with it. Just a couple notes until then: If you got a cheap China one they tend to come with things and apps with chinese in them. It isn't unusual or wrong, it is just the way they are worldwide. Getting factory software for China tablets is rare but not unheard of. It will have the same apps in it (system apps) that you cannot delete. When I buy personal droid devices I first research what if anything else I can put on it and that I can root it. If your tablet can be rooted you can get rid of those "locked" system apps and gain much more control over it. Like I said, start a new thread asking for help with your tab and people can help you figure out this stuff.

Reactions: Dee_Ann
So I found out how to (and did) “root” the tablet. I’m assuming this is the equivalent of “jailbreaking” an iPhone, a process I’m well familiar with.

I really don’t know what to from from this point but I’ll keep reading :enjoying until it starts to make sense.
It’s just so alien to what I’ve ever used.

I’m betting they won’t have a US/English version available and would probably be really insulted if I call them up and ask for a “Chinese free” version.
*Phone call to China* “Hi, yes, I would like a version of the operating system for the Chinese tablet you sold me except without the Chinese gibberish which I don’t trust.”
They would probably give me a copy of the most virused up stuff they could find. Yeah, I suppose I won’t have much luck contacting them. I believe the tablet which is also a rather large cell phone was designed for and intended to be used in their world, not mine.

ANYWAY.....

My A3 is out for delivery and I’m expecting it to arrive on my porch within the next few hours !!

:D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)