Invacom QPH-031 is to heavy

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

brotherhood

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 29, 2004
97w/55n
Is there a way to lighten the Invacom , or is there a lighter lnb like the Invacom.
Can a mod be done to take some wight off?
that lnb pulls down on my dish and i lose about 10 points on Q.
thanks guys
1.2meter fortec

Last edited:
no way to lighten it and unless you want the DBS built in to the LNB, no other LNB like that.

I had the same issues with mine and I'm at 45N...so at 55N you have more issues due to the lower dish. I use a Sadoun .4 dual and hoseclamped a DBS next to it...works fine :)

could some fishing line be used from top rim of the dish to the lnbf, to simulate some guy wires to hold the thing up a bit?
(if I'm understanding your heavy lnb issue correctly)

Might be worth a try.

With a button hook feed support on a big dish many have issues, so I guess this would be the same except smaller, basically people replace the feed support ot they use guy wire on the BUD's.

I feel your pain. I actually tried fishing line, and it didn't work well. Best solution I came up with was to take a little stick (actually mine was a busted off part of some latticework that was a few inches long), put the stick below the lnb between lnb and arm, and then take some electric tape and/or some thin wire (careful not to overdue it so you don't block your signal) and wrap that around the stick... may have to add occassional wad of electric tape as more support. Be sure to at least tweak the lnb a bit before doing all of this.... If you get it all done right, it should work perfect. May not look pretty, but who cares.

It's not the strength of the arm that's the issue really... it's the weight of the lnb shifting due to gravity. By adding more support between the arm and the lnb's big base you help let gravity help you instead of work against you.

It's weird that some people have this issue and some don't. Some dishes must have really weak arms. What kind of dish is this?

It's weird that some people have this issue and some don't. Some dishes must have really weak arms. What kind of dish is this?
It's more in the lnb holder than in the arm itself.... although the arm does have issues too. I have a winegard 76 cm dish. I don't have pics, but have been meaning to take some to post on here and on a blog to show my setup a while... just haven't had the initiative. Maybe I'll do it this weekend.

It may be a combination of factors, including the durability of the dish and arms, but also including the dish alignment & performance as well as the performance (or lack thereof) of the previous lnbf. My signal strength was pretty good before replacing a cheap (probably underperforming) lnbf with the Invacom Quad, so I'm not seeing any performance issues with the quad. Although, the quad may be underperforming compared to what it's capable of, and I am simply not aware of it because it's not adversely impacting my ability to receive the programming I'm looking at.

The Winegard DS2076 has a rather flexible LNBF holder, the plastic seems to bend easily. Additionally, the method of mounting the LNBF holder onto the arm (the holder can actually slide closer and farther from the dish and must be tightened in an optimal position) is an Achilles' heel of this dish.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts