Invacom QPH-031 Quad LNBF

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Gary Z

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 27, 2005
Seguin, Texas
I'm scanning 119 for NASA and Angel 1. While doing the scan the recievr show it is scanning V & H not L & R is this normal?

I have the L.O. set for 11250 on 119

Yes its normal most/all receivers are built for Linear polarity by sending out 13 or 18v, they work exactly the same with circular LNB's

Just remember....

L = H (17v)

R = V (13v)

Thanks PSB,

The Invacom QPH-03 is a great LNB. It didn't give me an increased signal, but I think I need to tweak my Dish some. I after I installed it my Diseqc 1.2 was off some reason.

After putting on my Invacom QPH lnb I had to tweak my dish a bit. The lnb seems to be a bit more precise than other brands, but after I tweaked a bit, my signal was improved.

Not only that, but all LNB's are off slightly in frequency to each other! So to be fair to the LNBF its best to rescan the channels/transponders back into the receiver (And re-tweak the dish of course). :)

Is the idea that you run two of the leads from the lnb into a diseq switch and select circular vs linear at your receiver from a single coax coming down?

Iceberg said:
glad you're enjoying the Invacom Gary :)
Thanks Ice, I'm very happy with it! I had no trouble getting it working with the my Neusat SP6000. Like SatinKzo and PSB said I will rescan and tweak the dish. I'm glad to get the NASA Channel and Angel 1. :) :)

GOL TV says it is scrambled? is that right?

Also does the LNB need to be pushed all the way in toward the dish or all the way back in the LNB holder

TiminMb said:
Is the idea that you run two of the leads from the lnb into a diseq switch and select circular vs linear at your receiver from a single coax coming down?
Yes, one circular and one Linear. ( you have two of each) You can even feed the
other two (there are four) connections to another diseq switch and feed that line directly to another receiver. Although, if you are using a motor, only one of the receivers can control the motor.
grusome

One cable from receiver to motor, one cable out of motor to 2 way DiSEqC switch, two cables from 2 way switch to one Linear and one Circular output!

That's the way mine is hooked up to one receiver.

Are the DMS International DiSEqC switch's water proof? I put some weather boots over the connections, but I think I need something better.

little bit of some coax seal that I got at Rat Shack...

other than that, nothing....I have another one that the back is all rusted to hell but she still runs like a champ (another 3 year switch) :)

The DMSi switches come with a neat cover!

Attachments

• wp2x1.jpg
    wp2x1.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 178
Yep, they look nice. But just like you I have had the same DMSi 2 way switch for a few years and its up behind the dish in the weather with no protection :)

Gary Z said:
Also does the LNB need to be pushed all the way in toward the dish or all the way back in the LNB holder

The LNB should be pulled away from the dish. Pull it out and all the way and slowly push it in and see if the signal increases or decreases.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)