GEOSATpro Invacom QPH-031

taelon721

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 30, 2006
I am getting ready 2 buy the microHD package from SatelliteAV. Any problems using my QPH-031 with the receiver or dish? That lnb just seems heavy. Do i just use a 4x1 diseq switch with it? I am so anxious 2 buy my new toy.
Is there any hobbyists in the Tulsa area in case i need some help?
Hope there are some feeds or something requiring circular on KU, as I bought this lnb years ago and never hooked it up. My trusty primestar dish finally bit the farm. I would be happy if these new lnbs last half the time as that Primestar.

Last edited:
I am getting ready 2 buy the microHD package from SatelliteAV. Any problems using my QPH-031 with the receiver or dish? That lnb just seems heavy. Do i just use a 4x1 diseq switch with it? I am so anxious 2 buy my new toy.
Hope there are some feeds or something requiring circular on KU, as I bought this lnb years ago and never hooked it up. My trusty primestar dish finally bit the farm. I would be happy if these new lnbs last half the time as that Primestar.

I use an invacom LNBF with my microhd (pretty sure it's the QPH-031 model) and I have no problems. I use a diseqc 2x1 switch to command the line from the linear standard Ku-band and the circular DBS Ku-band.

My first invacom is still running strong so it's not one of those poor-performing cheap chinese LNBFs by any means. I love the performance of that LNB so much I've bought several more over the years for my other ku dishes and for spares.

I've been using a QPH-031 for around 5 years and it's still going strong. Also have had a single output Invacom on another dish for around two years and still going strong. Depending on where you live there are some circular signals worthwhile.

skysurfer said:
I use an invacom LNBF with my microhd (pretty sure it's the QPH-031 model) and I have no problems. I use a diseqc 2x1 switch to command the line from the linear standard Ku-band and the circular DBS Ku-band.

That is awesome. Thanks for the quick response.

rgk said:
I've been using a QPH-031 for around 5 years and it's still going strong. Also have had a single output Invacom on another dish for around two years and still going strong. Depending on where you live there are some circular signals worthwhile.

That is what I thought after looking. Thanks for the heads up.

what circular fta signals are out there? i had a qph-031 with a 90cm dish for a while with the dsr-200c geoprosat receiver but did not know where or why circular was out there. but that was several years ago when i was just beginning learning about fta. thanks, charlie

I have a fake of the Invacom (Monster?) which works well. I can get everything listed on various sites but haven't played with the circular much as I don't have a switch yet. My LNBF has drifted off the mark a bit, it does scan a few Mhz off the listed #s but who knows how long it was sitting in a box before I bought it...probably 4 years.
Steve