iOS 4.2 Coming Friday

Pepper- did you buy an HP Air Print printer? If so which one? I went to look at them today and was not impressed with the price. The salesman at Best buy was clueless about how they worked. They had no Apple rep there. The Apple store was right up the street but it was jam packed.

Anyway, I downloaded an app called Printer Pro, cost $6.99. It did a perfect job of printing a web page from safari and a pdf file as well as a photo image jpg file. I have two networked printers, one inkjet Brother and another color Laser Brother. It found them both and printed flawlessly to both. Pulls files in from dropbox, iwork, idisk web pages and also e-mail attachments. Also has a free plugin app you load onto a computer called Printer Pro Desktop if you don't have a network printer but have it connected to a PC or Mac. In the past I've tried apps for printing and they were all terrible. This one works. You can download a free demo to test your system before buying.

I just tried to print to an Epson CX9400Fax printer shared on a Windows 7 PC. Once I remembered the password it worked perfectly. This is going to be a very hand feature.

AirPlay needs some work. Although it plays videos and songs from my iPhone 4, trying to send a photo slideshow to the Apple TV doesn't work as smooth as it should. It takes 5-10 seconds for the first picture to appear, then it freezes at that point. Trying to Airplay from my phone to my in-Laws' Airport Express (audio only) didn't work, either.

I was debating getting the Printopia application for my Mac so I could print to my HP LaserJet and someone pointed out the free alternatives. The best one, however, was at the Apple Support site: Apple - Support - Discussions - AirPrint on non supported (shared) ... I did the couple of steps needed and I have now printed from e-mail and Safari on my iPhone 4. I don't know what the big deal was in why Apple backed it out of the 10.6.5 Update. Of course, Printopia at $9.99 will set up a "print to PDF" and a "Print to Dropbox" which this free solution does not, so there is still some merit in paying $10.

Pepper- did you buy an HP Air Print printer? If so which one? I went to look at them today and was not impressed with the price. The salesman at Best buy was clueless about how they worked. They had no Apple rep there. The Apple store was right up the street but it was jam packed.
Heck no, and still haven't successfully printed anything using the windows service which I later found out was an unauthorized beta leak and not released because it doesn't work yet.

It's apparently not that important to me or I would have figured something else out by now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)