iOS 4.2 Coming Friday

Thanks!!
Will download tonight after work.

Yea. Engadget did say airprint is in 4.2.1.

I connected my ipad to itunes, but didn't see any reference to 4.2. Where do I find the 4.2 update on itunes?

Never mind. I learned how to do it.

Last edited:
Excellent news. Too bad I'm out of town for a few days. I guess I will update when I get home. You guys test it out for me. :)

Updating now. :)

Cant wait to see the new iPad Slingplayer Application which requires 4.2 as it uses a bunch of new API's that were not in the old software.

Updating now. :)

Cant wait to see the new iPad Slingplayer Application which requires 4.2 as it uses a bunch of new API's that were not in the old software.

Scott did you know that 4.2 fixed the promixty issuse on the Iphone. It also fixes some of the phone issuses with Iphone it would be interesting to see if folks notice a better phone experience.

I got rid of my iPhone because of the proximity and bluetooth issues (my wife has it now)

It sucked having a phone that you couldn't use as a phone.

If you do not have MobileMe, any other MAC products, nor print from your phone, what other benefit is there to updating your iPhone from 4.1 to 4.2?

I haven't had a chance to try it yet, but there is supposed to be improved support for automotive USB connections (like Microsoft's SYNC). The AirPlay feature works so I can fire up Pandora on my iPhone and play it through our stereo via the Airport Express. It remains to be seen how useful the AirPlay will work in practice. If a guest comes in wanting to show pictures on my Apple TV, will it show up as an available AirPlay device?

DodgerKing said:
Just installed 4.2 on my wife's phone

Installed it on my iPad now. Multitasking isn't exciting but more in line with a keep open and task switch. So far some of my audio apps from video suspend playback when switching to another app. But, I did notice that I could switch out of an app and switch back to it from where I left off which was not possible before.

Folders is real nice feature.

Need to do some research on this AirPrinter. If I plan to have an iPhone and second iPad next year, may be worthwhile to have a small printer on our network for this task.

All in all the 4.2.1 is not a bad upgrade for free.

Don Landis said:
Installed it on my iPad now. Multitasking isn't exciting but more in line with a keep open and task switch. So far some of my audio apps from video suspend playback when switching to another app. But, I did notice that I could switch out of an app and switch back to it from where I left off which was not possible before.

Folders is real nice feature.

Need to do some research on this AirPrinter. If I plan to have an iPhone and second iPad next year, may be worthwhile to have a small printer on our network for this task.

All in all the 4.2.1 is not a bad upgrade for free.

I would suspect that the apps that are suspending playback on you probably need to be updated to take advantage of multitasking support. At least that is what happened with iPhone apps.

There are eleven printers that work with AirPrint with no additional requirements.

Supposedly, you can install a windows service that works with shared printers and would allow you to use any printer you already have. I haven't got that working yet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)