IOS 8 Discussion

It will load up and display my receiver content, guide, DVR, ect. When I try to view anything, it will not connect. It will cycle the connecting process several times, then crash.

I downloaded it and installed it... (I think) the screen still show 8.0 it only took a couple of seconds for it to update.

So not sure if the update took.

Ok looks like I did upgrade. I am now on version 12A4297e.

I am surprised no one noticed that the new updates IPSW file is named iPhone6,1_8.0_12A4297e I think thats the first time I saw Apple actually write iPhone 6. :)

Here is what I see. Btw seems a lot more stable then beta 1!
ImageUploadedBySatelliteGuys1403032113.022283.jpg

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Podcast is now a native app.

I thought that happened with the release of iOS 7? Please elaborate on this a little. Podcasts is maybe my most used app. I love the seemless syncing between my iPhone, iPad, and Apple TV so I can pick back up on any of my devices without losing my place in any given episode.

Is this just an art change or are there fundamental changes in the way the app works?

I thought that happened with the release of iOS 7? Please elaborate on this a little. Podcasts is maybe my most used app. I love the seemless syncing between my iPhone, iPad, and Apple TV so I can pick back up on any of my devices without losing my place in any given episode.

Is this just an art change or are there fundamental changes in the way the app works?

It went to its own app with iOS 7, and you had to download it. You could also delete it. With iOS 8 beta 2 it's a native app and cannot be deleted.

It went to its own app with iOS 7, and you had to download it. You could also delete it. With iOS 8 beta 2 it's a native app and cannot be deleted.

Ah so the app itself didn't really change, it's just part of the OS now like the phone, weather stocks, etc... apps. I have a folder titled "apple junk" for all the apps I don't use that can't be deleted. Podcasts would not be one of those apps for me but I don't see why they don't allow everything to be deleted outside of maybe phone, safari, music, and the app store. It's not like you couldn't go back to the app store and download them again later if you change your mind.

Ah so the app itself didn't really change, it's just part of the OS now like the phone, weather stocks, etc... apps. I have a folder titled "apple junk" for all the apps I don't use that can't be deleted. Podcasts would not be one of those apps for me but I don't see why they don't allow everything to be deleted outside of maybe phone, safari, music, and the app store. It's not like you couldn't go back to the app store and download them again later if you change your mind.

Correct, and I totally agree.

Just noticed a new message at the bottom of the notification drop down that said "New Widget Available". Tapped it, and nothing happened. Hit the edit button, then cancelled out of edit, and the message was gone.
ImageUploadedBySatelliteGuys1403044115.791394.jpg