IOS 8 Discussion

rockymtnhigh

Hardly Normal
Supporting Founder
Apr 14, 2006
Normal, IL
Ok, I am going to finally jump in. Can't remember, is it possible to install it the first time without doing a full restore (e.g., not deleting everything and restoring)? Can you do an update versus a restore?

rockymtnhigh

Hardly Normal
Supporting Founder
Apr 14, 2006
Normal, IL
I took a shot and tried option-Update, and sure enough it worked. Setup and just had to restore two email accounts as far as I can tell. Probably will update the iPad next.

Stargazer

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Sep 7, 2003
Western WV
I would try iOS 8 but I have a few apps that I must have for work and am afraid they will not work so I need to make sure they will be compatible before going to iOS 8.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

rockymtnhigh

Hardly Normal
Supporting Founder
Apr 14, 2006
Normal, IL
So far everything is working. I got nervous when I clicked on Audible, which I use daily, but it worked fine. Only error so far has been Instagram having trouble connecting to the camera, but I try it a second time and it seems to work.

rockymtnhigh

Hardly Normal
Supporting Founder
Apr 14, 2006
Normal, IL
I wonder if Apple has some major new features of iOS 8 hidden / removed from the Beta, and will unveil it at the iphone 6 release. Sort of like they did with the 32/64 bit surprise with iOS7?

We have not seen a lot of the stuff that was in the developer's keynote. And a lot of it really requires interaction with other iOS devices, e.g., having an iPad and an iPhone on the same account, and the ability to hand-off. And even more with Yosemite.

Seriously, if what I saw watching the keynote comes to fruition, I will be one happy camper. Being able to make phone calls from my mac or iPad; being able to hand-off from one device to another to finish emails, being able to text/sms from my mac to any one. They showed a great deal of synchronicity in the keynote introducing iOS8/Yosemite. We are just getting it piece by piece. And I am not running Yosemite, so I can not see it all.

rockymtnhigh

Hardly Normal
Supporting Founder
Apr 14, 2006
Normal, IL
Slacker still not working!!

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

As past experience has shown, it is the app that needs updating; until they make an update, iOS8 will probably continue to have issues.

I have been very lucky this go-around, everything I use seems to still work.

rockymtnhigh

Hardly Normal
Supporting Founder
Apr 14, 2006
Normal, IL
The camera app is really improved nicely. I love how you can pick a focal point and then increase or decrease exposure compensation.

rockymtnhigh

Hardly Normal
Supporting Founder
Apr 14, 2006
Normal, IL
Dang it, I made the mistake of upgrading to iCloud Drive, and now I can't use my Keynote presentations with www.icloud.com. Dang it, dang it, dang it. Now I have to use my iPad or mac in class. Not what I wanted. Grrr....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts