IOS 8 Discussion

Ok, I am going to finally jump in. Can't remember, is it possible to install it the first time without doing a full restore (e.g., not deleting everything and restoring)? Can you do an update versus a restore?

I took a shot and tried option-Update, and sure enough it worked. Setup and just had to restore two email accounts as far as I can tell. Probably will update the iPad next.

I would try iOS 8 but I have a few apps that I must have for work and am afraid they will not work so I need to make sure they will be compatible before going to iOS 8.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

So far everything is working. I got nervous when I clicked on Audible, which I use daily, but it worked fine. Only error so far has been Instagram having trouble connecting to the camera, but I try it a second time and it seems to work.

I wonder if Apple has some major new features of iOS 8 hidden / removed from the Beta, and will unveil it at the iphone 6 release. Sort of like they did with the 32/64 bit surprise with iOS7?

We have not seen a lot of the stuff that was in the developer's keynote. And a lot of it really requires interaction with other iOS devices, e.g., having an iPad and an iPhone on the same account, and the ability to hand-off. And even more with Yosemite.

Seriously, if what I saw watching the keynote comes to fruition, I will be one happy camper. Being able to make phone calls from my mac or iPad; being able to hand-off from one device to another to finish emails, being able to text/sms from my mac to any one. They showed a great deal of synchronicity in the keynote introducing iOS8/Yosemite. We are just getting it piece by piece. And I am not running Yosemite, so I can not see it all.

Slacker still not working!!

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

As past experience has shown, it is the app that needs updating; until they make an update, iOS8 will probably continue to have issues.

I have been very lucky this go-around, everything I use seems to still work.

The camera app is really improved nicely. I love how you can pick a focal point and then increase or decrease exposure compensation.

Dang it, I made the mistake of upgrading to iCloud Drive, and now I can't use my Keynote presentations with www.icloud.com. Dang it, dang it, dang it. Now I have to use my iPad or mac in class. Not what I wanted. Grrr....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts