Normal, IL

klang

SatelliteGuys Master
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 4, 2003
Colorado Springs, CO
IPhone Dish Anywhere app won't open after the iOS 8 update. :(

I had a half dozen updates this morning aimed at iOS 8. I expect many more in the days to come.

I'm away from the iMac I sync to so I won't upgrade until this weekend.

Edit: just checked and another five including DISH Anywhere.

stimpson

Miller Lite Tester
Oct 2, 2006
Benton, Arkansas
Here's a strange one. This has been happening on my iPhone the whole time I have been running IOS8 betas and GM, but wanted to wait before I mentioned anything until after the iPad update. I have a Foscam ip camera. When motion detecting is set to on it will send an email with 6 pictures to what ever emails you have set it up to send to. If there is enough motion it may send out multiple emails until the motion goes away. Here's the issue. Before iOS 8 when I opened the email all 6 pictures would download and display in the email. With iOS 8, the first opened email will download and display the first picture only. The other five are icons that say tap to display. Tap on them and they download and display the pics. Open the next email and all 6 pictures display, like what used to happen before iOS 8. If there is a third email it will behave like the first, and so on. So basically, only every other email will download all 6 pics. Clear as mud right?:)

navychop

Member of the Month - July 2014!
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 20, 2005
Northern VA
It is a good piece of advice. One I wish I listened to. I no longer can upload Keynote presentations to iCloud from my mac, nor use presentations via iCloud.com. Stupid, stupid, stupid me. But I'll learn, someday. :)
How you liken them arrows in your back?
:D

Foxbat

Addicted to new HW
Supporting Founder
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 25, 2003
Michiana
I have decided to hold off until I can fully understand the implications of my iPhone being on iOS 8 and my Mac Pro running iLife '11 on Mountain Lion 10.7.5. Since there are new Macs rumored to be announced (waiting on Intel to get their next wave of Broadwell chips released) I may be investing in a new desktop depending on the news.

Otherwise, I'll let this hold off for a another day. My son went ahead and pulled the trigger on installing iOS 8 on his iPhone 4s. I mentioned he may not like it, but kids, right?

Derwin0

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 16, 2004
Peachtree City, GA
Installed it onto my 5s last night. The recents that pop up when you double click the home button are annoying, but otherwise I haven't found anything I don't like...yet...

Ilya

XXI Century Explorer
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Lifetime Supporter
Feb 16, 2004
NE OH
Updated mine overnight. Now I need to do a full backup in preparation for iPhone 6. :)

rockymtnhigh

Hardly Normal
Supporting Founder
Apr 14, 2006
Normal, IL
I had not checked my developer account for the gold master, and tried to do the OTA install last night. Even with 7GB free, it wouldn't work. So I did it via my mac, and it worked like a charm. Haven't noticed differences, beyond a few icons, from the last beta. Need to install it on my iPad next and finally start to test out hand-off. Anxious for Yosemite for the full experience.

Ilya

XXI Century Explorer
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Lifetime Supporter
Feb 16, 2004
NE OH
Updated my iPad too. Took an hour and half. So far no problems.

king3pj

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Jun 7, 2009
Michigan
iPad is updated,but of course, Handoff is not compatible with iPad 3. Grrr....

I had my first experience with handoff earlier today. My iPhone 5 was upstairs charging in my bedroom and I was downstairs playing a game. I happened to have my iPad 4 sitting next to me when a buddy called asking if he could stop by. To my surprise the iPad started ringing like a phone and I was able to answer the call on speakerphone.

I gotta say, it was really cool. It was the perfect scenario for this feature. I never would have been able to hear the ringer and I would have missed the call without it. I'm not sure how often something like this will actually happen in every day situations but it worked perfectly. Now I'm kind of wondering what else works with the new continuity features.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

stimpson

Miller Lite Tester
Oct 2, 2006
Benton, Arkansas
I had my first experience with handoff earlier today. My iPhone 5 was upstairs charging in my bedroom and I was downstairs playing a game. I happened to have my iPad 4 sitting next to me when a buddy called asking if he could stop by. To my surprise the iPad started ringing like a phone and I was able to answer the call on speakerphone.

I gotta say, it was really cool. It was the perfect scenario for this feature. I never would have been able to hear the ringer and I would have missed the call without it. I'm not sure how often something like this will actually happen in every day situations but it worked perfectly. Now I'm kind of wondering what else works with the new continuity features.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
I don't think that's part of Hand Off. That's Continuity. I have an iPad 2 and have been using that feature. I also found out it's basically FaceTime Audio. I let a call go unanswered and it showed up as a missed FT Audio call on the FT app on my iPad.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)