iOS7 Discussion Thread

My issue is that when I installed the previous download it was from a direct link. I used the same link and got the same file. When I get home I'll go to the download section and I should be able to download and install the correct version.

If you want the dropbox link to the file I uploaded for my friend, let me know, and I'll leave it there tonight (was going to delete it), and you can download the file.

If you want the dropbox link to the file I uploaded for my friend, let me know, and I'll leave it there tonight (was going to delete it), and you can download the file.
I think I'll be okay, I can access the download page for the 4S version I just have to wait until I get home.

Thanks for the offer.

Mine is down fast today as well! Havent used it and was down to 36%.

Looked to see if I had any programms running and nothing was running. :(
Did you figure out what was draining the battery? I installed it on my 4S last night as a new install and the battery life seems really good today.

It bites me so often I keep thinking of disabling it. But then it fixes a couple things for me, and I stick with it.

I'm running it on an iPad 4 and it seems to work pretty well for me. Much better than it did two revisions ago. Your milage may vary...

Alas, you have a 4, so a different processor, and different install. I think I'll hold off until after the 18th and see what problems people report. My last two experiences with it were truly miserable. And while I want the new multi-tasker for it, I can wait.

Will apps need to be updated to iOS 7 to run? I have a few that I use that have not been updated yet.

Just posted this to my tumblr/twitter/Facebook:

Some advice for those of you iPhone and iPad users chomping at the bit for iOS7, which will drop in the next several hours.

1. Backup to itunes and to iCloud FIRST. Gotta make sure you don’t lose everything if something goes wrong.

2. Don’t whine about the new icons. In a week, you won’t even notice them.

3. The iPad beta software was buggy through the last release. No promises it has attained the “smooth as butter” quality of approval. The iPhone 5, however, is so smooth that when you say “Parkay” you will swear you heard “butter”

4. Your battery will initially drain faster - not only because you are using the phone MORE to test out the new features - but because the battery needs to be re-calibrated. After the OS is fully setup, do a hard reset - Hold down Power/Home for about 15 seconds and let it reset. In a day or so, the battery life will be normal.

Be Safe Out There.

My i5 has been going nuts with updates the last few days. I assume app updates for 7. I'll not be moving to 7 any time soon- nothing there of great interest.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

My i5 has been going nuts with updates the last few days. I assume app updates for 7. I'll not be moving to 7 any time soon- nothing there of great interest.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Yep. I have had about a million app updates in the last couple weeks. This is normal with every iOS update though. I'll be picking up the update as soon as the notification comes up on my phone. I've been ready for something new lately and hopefully a new iOS will make my iPhone 5 feel fresh again for a little while.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)