iOS7 Discussion Thread

The contacts app seem really slow. When I edit or add contacts and hit done, it just sits there for several seconds before it finishes.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

Coincidentally, I just got done adding an address to a contact and had no issue. Have you rebooted after the upgrade?

My son updated as soon as he got home from school. Right now, the iTunes Store is still getting hammered so my iPhone 5 is still running 6.1.4. Wow, I just looked and the iOS 7.0 update is 752 MB. Good thing I tripled my Internet speed last month!

Edit: Heh-heh... iTunes sez my iOS 7.0 download will be done in 36 - 44 hours. It's also 1.24 GB in size, different than what my iPhone reported. Time for a nap, I guess.
I am interested in hearing battery life reports after you have run it for a few days. :)
So am I. By the time people report, I might be able to upgrade.
Screen Shot 2013-09-18 at 21.53.26 .png
?Now at 73 hours and climbing...

Last edited:
Hah! I had to abort the update. When it started over, instead of 70+ hours it took around 25 minutes. Much better. :)

Like it so far. iradio is pretty cool.
I did a reset after the download. It drained my battery pretty good after about an hours use.
I too will be interested in others battery use.

I've only had iOS 7 on my iPhone since about 1:00ET and on my iPad since about 6:00ET so it's a little early to say for sure but so far my battery life seems normal. I did stream iTunes Radio for a couple hours but I typically listen to podcasts or streaming music from my iPhone during work so that isn't out of the ordinary.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Wait for the JB before I update my equipment. But even if there was a JB, I do not think I will be in a hurry to upgrade anyway. I just do not like the look of this new UI. I guess it is something I would need to get used to.

Wait for the JB before I update my equipment. But even if there was a JB, I do not think I will be in a hurry to upgrade anyway. I just do not like the look of this new UI. I guess it is something I would need to get used to.
I wasn't looking forward to the "new flat look" but so far the advantages outweigh the "blechs". The first thing I did was pick the space home screen as the green grass theme looked "megablech". Folders hold more, but show you fewer icons in each page of the displayed folder.

Need some help - I can't figure out how to breakout the Inboxes for the three email accounts I have. The default is "All Inboxes" and "VIP". What am I missing here???

Need some help - I can't figure out how to breakout the Inboxes for the three email accounts I have. The default is "All Inboxes" and "VIP". What am I missing here???

Mail. select mailboxes. Should show All inboxes, vip, and individual inboxes. If you select edit, there are other things, such as smart folders for Unread mail, which you can have shown, and can re-arrange the order of stuff. A nice enhancement over iOS6.

I lost a few settings but they were simple fixes. Bluetooth was turned off on my iPhone and turned on for the iPad for some reason and I normally keep it the opposite. My iPad wouldn't connect to my airport extreme after the update either until I selected the forget this network option and added it back. The rest of my settings seem to have carried over correctly though.

My battery is doing terrible so far. Hope this works itself out as was suggested earlier in this thread.

So what is the verdict on installing iOS7 on an iPad? I've read here and elsewhere that 7 wasn't quite ready for iPad's yet. Anyone have any further experience? In my case I have an iPad 2.

Another data point on battery usage, so far on my iPhone 5, battery usage is as good or better than before the upgrade. Granted I am still on the first charge. I did reboot after the upgrade.

So what is the verdict on installing iOS7 on an iPad? I've read here and elsewhere that 7 wasn't quite ready for iPad's yet. Anyone have any further experience? In my case I have an iPad 2.

Another data point on battery usage, so far on my iPhone 5, battery usage is as good or better than before the upgrade. Granted I am still on the first charge. I did reboot after the upgrade.

I only messed around with it for a little while while watching TV last night but I haven't seen any glaring problems on my iPad 4. Everything I have done on it so far works as well as it does on the iPhone 5.

I love Ios7, my wife not so much, her phone updated and she lost all her programs and settings and that was with a restored backup.

ouch. that happened to me when I went back to iOS6.1 on the iPad a month ago. The positive was I was able to eliminate a lot of crap from my iPad - programs wasting space that were never used.

ouch. that happened to me when I went back to iOS6.1 on the iPad a month ago. The positive was I was able to eliminate a lot of crap from my iPad - programs wasting space that were never used.

thats what I told her to do, our kids have loaded up her phone with games, I told her to use it as a fresh start...plus she was having battery issues so it could be a good chance to start fresh.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts