iOS7 Discussion Thread

Being new to iphone, have to ask...

Will the new iOS7 be pushed or will it have to be manually updated?

If you want it... Settings>General>Software Update. You do have to be connected to WiFi and have over 50% battery life remaining or be plugged in to a power source for this to work. You also need to have at least 3.4GB of space temporarily available for the update.

Another feature I am really liking is audio control from the lockscreen. I keep a passcode on my iPhone and I listen to podcasts or streaming audio just about all day while at work and driving. I use the inline buttons on my headphones to play and pause as well as adjust the volume and that works pretty well.

When I am in the car not using headphones I frequently have to unlock the phone to play or pause though. Sometimes I like to use the jump back 15 seconds feature on podcasts when I missed something too. I need the security of a passcode but that can get pretty annoying when you are trying to mess with audio controls frequently. With iOS7 I can play and pause my podcasts and use the skip forward and back buttons without actually putting in my passcode and unlocking the phone. This is much quicker and more convenient.

I checked the apps running the the background and the only one running was the Camera App, which I used last night. So I killed that.

Plugged it in and am back to 100% again.

Now to play some Minion Rush on it. :D

I checked the apps running the the background and the only one running was the Camera App, which I used last night. So I killed that.

Plugged it in and am back to 100% again.

Now to play some Minion Rush on it. :D
I noticed while testing that the camera app seemed to drained my battery, might be because it uses GPS. I always close that right away.

Thanks for the good advice to skip the update for now. I do know where it is and there is a little note on the phone settings as a reminder.. It's similar to the ipad, then. Meanwhile no complaints from my wife so I won't try to fix it if it isn't broke.

They will probably do a push, eventually. But no need now, given how much public attention there is about it. Yet of course, my mother asked me, how come my iPhone didn't prompt me to upgrade?

I don't know if this qualifies as a push, but my phone gave me a message last night notifying me that the iOS 7 is ready to be installed. I accepted the offer...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Not like we got with the Android update push a year ago. It was not just downloaded to the phone, but also installed and ready to roll. No option to accept or decline. Verizon did that because they needed to stop free access to the hotspot trial period. Which, BTW was later added for free with the family plan anyway.

why Apple servers are busy?

If you want it... Settings>General>Software Update. You do have to be connected to WiFi and have over 50% battery life remaining or be plugged in to a power source for this to work. You also need to have at least 3.4GB of space temporarily available for the update.
And if you do, I discovered the bastard hogging my WiFi, downloading an update I have no intention using at this time!
Apparently there is no way to turn it off! It auto-resumed on me, so I've turned WiFi off for now.
What a rude thing to do to customer's networks, as well as restaurants and coffee shops.
If I've overlooked the kill switch, please inform.
?

And if you do, I discovered the bastard hogging my WiFi, downloading an update I have no intention using at this time!
Apparently there is no way to turn it off! It auto-resumed on me, so I've turned WiFi off for now.
What a rude thing to do to customer's networks, as well as restaurants and coffee shops.
If I've overlooked the kill switch, please inform.
?

I've never heard of them forcing updates before. Many people stay on older versions to keep their jailbreaks. This wouldn't work if Apple forced updates on them.

I think the install will be my choice, but the download to make it ready is out of my control.
This is on a phone with iOS 6.1.3.
My handset running 5.0.1 is totally unaware of the available update.

I think the install will be my choice, but the download to make it ready is out of my control.
This is on a phone with iOS 6.1.3.
My handset running 5.0.1 is totally unaware of the available update.

I don;t think that is true. That push will send you to the software update page, and then you'll start the process. this is not like an Android push where the software downloads on its own.

I don;t think that is true. That push will send you to the software update page, and then you'll start the process. this is not like an Android push where the software downloads on its own.

I didn't have to download anything: my iPhone downloaded the update on its own an just notified me that iOS 7 was ready to be installed. There was also a notification flag on the Setting icon.

I don't have enough free space on my iPhone so that wasn't an option. Mine came via iTunes.

I didn't have to download anything: my iPhone downloaded the update on its own an just notified me that iOS 7 was ready to be installed. There was also a notification flag on the Setting icon.

Do you have Automatic Downloads turned on for Updates? Settings---->iTunes & App Store

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)