Ipod Question

smokey982

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 7, 2005
Cleveland, TN (Chattanooga Market)
I currently do NOT have an Ipod, but I use Itunes on my computer for listening, downloading music, and consolidating my CD collection. I have a neice that has an Ipod full of songs.

I'm wondering, can I download the music from her Ipod to my computer without any problems? She uses her computer to download music to her Ipod. Does that in any way "marry" her Ipod to that specific computer? Or can she go to different computers downloading or uploading music?

I currently do NOT have an Ipod, but I use Itunes on my computer for listening, downloading music, and consolidating my CD collection. I have a neice that has an Ipod full of songs.

I'm wondering, can I download the music from her Ipod to my computer without any problems? She uses her computer to download music to her Ipod. Does that in any way "marry" her Ipod to that specific computer? Or can she go to different computers downloading or uploading music?

Not with iTunes. Once you connect her iPod it will ask you if you want to delete everything on it. iTunes will not allow an iPod from another computer to sync with yours.

I guess I never thought of it that way. I guess I looked at it the same as a friend buying a new CD and me borrowing it and burning myself a copy.

Which I guess some people may consider that theft as well. I just don't look at it that way. Maybe I'm wrong.

Your wrong.

All of these reasons are why I won't, and never will buy at the itunes store, and I am a family of 3-ipods, including an iphone.

Not only will I not purchase something that I can't do what I want with it, but I am not able to select the endoding I want either at the apple store. 128kbs AAC may be fine on the ipod, but not if you want to listen to them on your home system.

If I buy an 99-cent itunes song, I cannot put it on my wife's ipod without unauthorizing it on my ipod and transferring it to her ipod?,, how ridiculous.

Wake up Apple, and get rid if the DRM.

Every ipod can play every song from itunes. It is the computers that are limited to 5 authorized. You can deauthorize computers to add a new one. Also, of course you can always burn your song to CD then reimport it back in to remove all copy protection... It is just a weak appeasement for the record lables.

So what service do you use to download music to your Ipods?

DRM Free downloads 89-cents 256kbs VBR
Amazon.com MP3 Downloads: Popular music, classical music, new releases and more, in MP3 format

Streaming only.....
SeeqPod Music beta - Playable Search - Find. Discover. Watch. Listen. Share.
but,,, wink, wink,, nudge, nudge...

5-FREE itunes downloads by following this thread: (read entire thread) includes $1.29 DRM free.
5 Free iTunes songs, .. includes iTunes Plus! (Facebook)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts