IS A COOLSAT 6000 OR A VIEWSAT VS 2000 PLATINUM BETTER?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

DallasNewbie

Nov 6, 2008
IS A COOLSAT 6000 OR A VIEWSAT VS 2000 PLATINUM BETTER?

Looking to buy my first receiver. These are used so i thought i would get a beginner for around 60 bucks.

Or would you recommend a new one for around $150?

Thanks guys!

I'm glad I joined. everyone has been real friendly!

I like the viewsats but that model is discontinued(as is the 6000) so I'd go the coolsat also as there will be no updates for the plat except maybe a sat file here and there as other units use the same format.

ok, I'll chime it too. Coolsat. I've got the 6000 and unless you're wanting PVR or HD or something, it's a really good receiver. I love mine.

I would get a Viewsat over a Coolsat any day of the week. A Coolsat does not even come close (sorry Coolsat users).
I use Viewsat Ultra as a main receiver and I have a Coolsat (5000) for back up on another TV - Coolsat is beloved in FTA but it does not come close to a Viewsat.

I would get a Viewsat over a Coolsat any day of the week. A Coolsat does not even come close (sorry Coolsat users).
I use Viewsat Ultra as a main receiver and I have a Coolsat (5000) for back up on another TV - Coolsat is beloved in FTA but it does not come close to a Viewsat.

What do you like about the Viewsat that the Coolsat does not have?

What do you like about the Viewsat that the Coolsat does not have?

A Viewsat Plat/Light does Not have Blind Scanning, get the Coolsat.

:) what do you mean by blind scanning?I own both of them the Coolsat 6000 and Viewsat Plat/Light ... they both work great and have the same features...I gave in on my coolsat when the support dropped, and bought the Viewsat Plat/Light because it had better support, just lately the coolsat is getting support again.

what do you mean by blind scanning?
Blind Scanning is when a receiver is able to find Active / Live Transponders that are not listed in it's Sats. TP List. Usefull when looking for Live Sporting events.

:) what do you mean by blind scanning?I own both of them the Coolsat 6000 and Viewsat Plat/Light ... they both work great and have the same features...I gave in on my coolsat when the support dropped, and bought the Viewsat Plat/Light because it had better support, just lately the coolsat is getting support again.

Support for what? I've had almost every Viewsat SD model that has been made and none are even close to a Coolsat for FTA use. Get a Viewsat to lock the Fox IFB MUX on G16....none would touch it. A receiver needs to work well with symbol rates other than 20000....

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts