Is Caller ID working for you?

Walter, should we add the following item: "I am not using Caller ID"?
Or perhaps even three items:
1. My STB is not connected to the phone line
2. I do not subscribe to Caller ID service from the phone company.
3. I do not have CallerID enabled in the STB.
Whatever you prefer.

Just one or all three?

OK, since you said "those options", I added all three.

Other suggestions to add to the Poll.

1. I don't know and I don't care.
2. Why would I use it?
3. No PPV yet so who cares?

Tvlman said:
Other suggestions to add to the Poll.

1. I don't know and I don't care.
2. Why would I use it?
3. No PPV yet so who cares?
Those extreme cases should be covered by the last option: other (discuss)
BTW, what "no PPV yet" has to do with the CallerID feature?

Caller ID does not work. Voom is aware of the problem. The previous caller displays instead of the current caller.

I don't believe the people that say that it works perfectly for them. I bet the ID displayed doesn't agree with the actual phone call info, but is cached from some prior call.

I voted "Other".
At first, callerID worked perfectly.
Then I started seeing older calls.
Now I am seeing older calls, and the info displayed is corrupted - missing letters and digits.

Not that I really care but its fkd up. Mine shows the last call. I cant believe these programmers and will repeat my mantra. Whoever is programming this box should be fired.

vurbano said:
...I cant believe these programmers and will repeat my mantra. Whoever is programming this box should be fired.
Maybe the programmer is that crazy old "Voom Guide Guy" who needed a job. :D Anybody still remember him?

My main phone has CID and works perfectly, but I have yet to see a CID popup on my Voom stb. Yes, it is connected to a phone jack that works, the callback feature works and the CID is enabled.

voomvoom said:
It's been a couple of days now. With just 1 vote for no phone connection. I guess I'm the only one who hasn't hooked up a phone yet.

Well my phone line isn't hooked up but thats because I use VoiP so I can't really hook it up. Does anyone know if Voom is going to require a phone line being connected? I really hope not because that isn't possible for me.

Thank you,

Dan

betaman10 said:
Well my phone line isn't hooked up but thats because I use VoiP so I can't really hook it up. Does anyone know if Voom is going to require a phone line being connected? I really hope not because that isn't possible for me.

Thank you,

Dan
Mine is hooked up with VOIP. But shows the last call not the current one

betaman10 said:
Well my phone line isn't hooked up but thats because I use VoiP so I can't really hook it up.
Check with your VoIP service provider, see if they can provide an adapter for a regular phone/fax connection. (Some do!) Ask them if you can use a regular fax machine with their service. If the fax machine works, VOOM will likely work too.

Again, the phone line requirement is not enforced yet. So this is more for the future...

Ilya said:
Again, the phone line requirement is not enforced yet. So this is more for the future...

A phone line requirement would be a big mistake for VOOM or anyone else.
CID is $9.95 per month in my area. Way too much esp. cell phones include it in their basic package. Within the next 12 months, to save $$$, I see myself disconnecting my home phone service, expanding my cell phone service, and converting from dsl to a cable modem. I know some people that have already done this and others are pondering it like me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)