On Screen Caller ID No Longer Works For Me...

fireman1000

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 14, 2004
The first night I received the firmware upgrade the caller ID function worked great, but that was the only time. I cannot get it to work anymore. I've tried soft reboot and power reboot to no avail. After two frustrating calls to Voom and staying on hold for 30 minutes and then becoming patched through to installs, Inc. I'm beginning to lose patience with Voom CSR's altogether. They act as if they're clueless about this firmware upgrade and its functions. Any suggestions??????

Thanks,
Fireman1000

fireman1000 said:
...'m beginning to lose patience with Voom CSR's altogether. They act as if they're clueless about this firmware upgrade and its functions. Any suggestions??????

Thanks,
Fireman1000

It's no act - they ARE clueless. It's not their fault though, blame Voom management. If you put employees out on the phones with incomplete information, they will embarass the company by their lack of knowledge and willingness to spout rumors. The second thing to blame Voom for is failing to act on fixing a simple problem. The solution is obvious - you give employees a hourly-updated FAQ of controversial issues/questions and the company position on each. Yes sir - you have a question on the caller ID problems - hold on - here it is - it is a known problem to be fixed in the next release sometime next month (or whatever)...

Yes, I immediately realized it defaults to off after reboot. No Luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)